23 - their epilogue?

a/n: hi :))) i highly recommend listening to the attached song while reading this. 

update 28/04/21: no one was gonna tell me that epilogue was spelt wrong in the chapter name.... fixed that..

update 21/09/21: things are changing, updates are coming. <3

~

it was november 5th, 2020.

~ lylah's pov ~

fuck yes. biden won. he got elected. this is the best shit ever. "mommy he won!" lexi giggled, turning to me, a smile plastered across her face. "i know baby, this is very good for us." i grinned back at her.

"why is it super good?" she asked, her head titling to side curiously. "well.." i started, my heart filling with a feeling i hadn't felt in a while. "this means mommy will still be allowed to marry a girl one day" i sighed.

"yay! that's super, super, super good!" lexi laughed her adorable laugh, jumping up and down. "does that mean we can see billie again?" she smiled, though it fell off her face when her mother's face dropped.

"y-you still remember her?" lylah looked up to her daughter, regret covering all the little girl's features. "she was really nice momma.." she said, fidgeting with her hands. "she was baby, and you're right, maybe i should call her.." lylah's mind wandered away from the conversation she was currently having.

lexi nodded as a smile found a way onto her face once again. even though her memory of billie was now fading, she was a girl lexi would never forget. "that would be great momma." lexi responded, before wandering out of the living room.

how did lexi know that i want billie back? lylah thought to herself. does it ever drive you crazy just how fast the night changes? lylah sighed again before picking up her phone, her hands shaking slightly.

dialling the number she knew oh too well, still memorised after not being called in two years, she listened to her phone ring. actually, that wasn't true. lylah had tried to call billie to confess her feelings around 4 months ago, but she got too scared and hung up before her heart talked instead of her brain.

but this would be the first time she had called billie and truly wanted to talk to her. she startled when a voice that made butterflies swarm her stomach spoke up. "hello?" the girl on the other end of the line answered.

"b-billie, hey, it's lylah." she rambled, receiving a small giggle from the receiving end. a laugh that made her heart clench and her cheeks heat up. why does she still have this effect on me? lylah thought. "hi lylah, it's bil, oh wait- you called me, you knew that.." billie responded, and both girls laughed.

they were oddly getting along like it hadn't been 2 years since things ended.. weirdly. "well.." lylah started, her voice shaky. "happy to see that biden got elected" she started the conversation. "yeah." billie answered. "beyond grateful that that orange man is out though." she chuckled, giving lylah more butterflies.

"y-yeah, me too." lylah's heart rate picked up. just tell her. just tell her. "i- uh, i wanna see you." lylah mumbled quickly. "you- you what? oh." billie stuttered. "i'm really sorry- i shouldn't of- you know what-" lylah rambled again, though she was cut off by billie.

"no, stop, i wanna see you too." both girls found themselves smiling uncontrollably. "um, maybe i can come to yours?" billie asked, lylah found her new-found nervousness adorable. "of course, when do you wanna come?" lylah responded.

"i can- can i come now?" billie corrected herself. "sure, i'll see you soon?" lylah felt her cheeks turning a deep shade of pink. "i'm gonna need the address baby." billie laughed, but lylah was now out of her mind from the pet name she hadn't heard in years.

"r-right, totally forgot you wouldn't know- i'll text it to you, bye billie." she rushed, barely giving time for billie to give a quick "bye" before she hung up. "well fuck!" lylah yelled to herself, mentally preparing herself for what would be coming soon.

~

after lylah got dressed (to impress) she waited in the front room for billie to arrive. her heart was racing with excitement, though nerves also flooded her mind. "it's gonna be okay." she told herself as she patiently waited.

knock, knock, knock lylah's heart jumped into her throat, and she stood to get the door. opening it cautiously, she was met with the girl who stole her heart when she was just little. "h-hey." lylah greeted. billie held a bouquet of flowers in her hand, and smiled politely at lylah.

"come in." lylah offered before billie responded. they walked through to the kitchen, sitting down at the counter. "how are you?" billie asked suddenly, looking straight into lylah's eyes. "w-well i'm good, i'm good." lylah stuttered slightly, embarrassed by her prominent nerves.

"i just-" billie started, but her gaze fell to her lap. "billie, what is it?" lylah asked confused by the sudden mood change. billie looked back up, and did the unpredictable. placing one hand on lylah's cheek, both girls heart rates picked up, and lylah felt her cheeks turn rosy.

it was like heaven. a feeling she missed so much. when billie pulled lylah in, she was in no position to pull away. when their lips crashed together, she was in no position to feel anything but pure love, joy and lust. feelings she hadn't felt like this in years. billie's tongue slid across lylah's bottom lip, asking for permission.

permission is what she gave. as the girls explored each other's mouths, smiles across both their faces, they realised how much they'd missed. "i missed- you so, much oh my, god" billie mumbled against lylah's lips between kisses. "you have no idea." lylah answered.

billie and lylah sat forehead to forehead trying to catch their breath. "i still love you." lylah said simply, nervous of the answer she'd receive. "oh- wow, god- i never stopped loving you lylah, i'll love you forever, i love y-" billie rambled, though she was cut off by a voice she hadn't heard in a long, long time.

"mommy?- oh!" lexi had walked in on the girls, startled by the sight of them so close. "b-billie?" lexi questioned, and lylah and billie had never pulled away so fast. "oh my- l-lexi! right? i haven't seen you since- you're so big!" billie was in shock. lexi giggled before answering. "i'm a big girl now, but why are you here?" she asked looking between her mother and billie.

"i missed your mommy so much i thought i'd come see her." billie answered, the word 'mommy' when describing lylah sounding so strange but so right coming out of her mouth. "oh! are you gonna stay for a long time?" lexi asked, her head tilting to the side like it always seems to do when she's questioning something.

"i'm here to stay! right?" billie answered confidently, but the demeanour faltered when she needed reassurance. "she's here to stay baby girl." lylah confirmed.

and she was right. happily together the three girls would live in peace, filled with joy with each other's company. lexi would learn to call billie mama, just like she hoped one day she could. together forever, were lylah and billie.

everything had worked out just the way it should.

fin...

?