8 - she saved my life

~Billie's POV~

My head falls into my hands as tears stream down my red, raw cheeks. "I hate my fucking life!" I scream. Between sobs I hear Finneas at my door. "Billie, what's happened this time?" He says, sounding half sympathetic, half annoyed. 

Having zero energy to answer, I ignore him completely. "Billie." Finneas says while still standing at my door. "Just leave me alone, please-" I beg, my throat burns as I say it and I hear him sigh and walk away. 

Sure, I might be acting dramatic, as Lylah and I weren't even together. Though we had been friends our whole childhood. We met when we were only 5 years old, Lylah was catching the bus home from school when she was only in first grade. 

I however, was a weird homeschool kid who didn't understand that shit. Lylah walked towards me, as I was sitting at the park, about 10 feet from the bus stop. I was just across the road from my house and being the idiot I was, decided that would be the perfect time to walk across the road to go home.

 As I begun to walk across the road, a little girls hand grabbed mine as she yelled "Hey, be careful!" The bus zoomed past our faces and I was left more than stunned. I turned around to see a little blonde girl with beautiful blue eyes smiling at me. "I'm Lylah!" She said before turning around to continue walking home. 

I begin to cry remembering my response. "I'm Billie." I say, sobbing. What was I going to do without Lylah? I literally wouldn't be alive without her. I was brought out of my daze when I remembered tour started in 7 days. 

I had nothing to look forward to on tour except the shows, though those completely exhausted me anyways. But the saddest thing was, I had nothing to look forward to when coming home. Nothing at all. 

~Lylah's POV~

Tears fell onto the screen of my phone as I hung up on Billie. I've always loved Billie. I thought she loved me too. But to do that, I'm not sure anymore. I know Billie though, she hides away from the people she loves most, when she needs them most. I need to call her back, now. 

*Calling bil*

She doesn't answer. Shit. What did I expect? My last hope is to call Finneas and force him to hand Billie his phone.

*Calling Finneas*

"Hello?"

"Hi, Finneas-" I start,

"Oh, Lylah." He says, sounding worried.

"Is everything okay?" I say, "I need to talk to Billie."

"She won't let me into her room.." He says, genuinely sad. "I've tried everything."

"Please Fin, I really need this." I beg, praying he'll at least try.

"Fine Lylah." I hear him walk to Billie's room and knock on her door. "Billie." He says strongly. She doesn't answer. "I swear Billie, I'm coming in." He says, I hear him turn the creaky door handle. "No! Please no-" I can hear Billie cry out, she sounds drained, hurt, miserable.

"Billie- It's Lylah." He says, I can almost feel the energy in the room change. "L-Lylah?" Billie says confused, though she has a tone in her voice that sounds like she wants it, she wants me. 

"Billie." I say, staying put together. I hear Finneas walk out of the room and Billie let out a big sigh. "Billie-" I start, I hear her let out a quiet sob and I my heart shatters instantly. 

"Billie, I had an idea." I calmly say. "What do y-you mean? She sounds like she's been crying all day. "While your on tour, I think we should try long distance." 

I say, smiling at my use of words. "Are you.. asking to be my girlfriend?" Billie laughs, her whole mood changed instantly. "Fuck yeah I am!" I yell into the phone. With that we hang up the phone, I lay on my back and look up at my roof. 

"I am the luckiest girl in the world."