18 - do you promise?

~lylah's pov~

my throbbing head finally subsided after some mild mediation and rest. taking my pills, i look over at the sleeping-beauty, billie as we lie in her bed. i watch her chest rise and fall with grace. i love her. i love her.

over the past couple weeks, i've been trying to get my weight back up to where it once was, but dude it's hard. it feels like what i'm doing is so wrong. the voices tell me i'm hurting myself. but billie tells me the opposite.

trying to distract myself from my dark thoughts, i turn to billie who's stirring a little. "lylah." she smiles, not yet opening her eyes. "good morning love." i say, running my hand through her messy hair.

"how are you, how's your head?" billie asks, finally opening her eyes, sitting up and leaning on the headboard. i giggle. "billie, my head is okay," i state, "you really don't need to ask me every morning, it's been like 2 weeks."

my phone beeps.

Message from 'pain' (1)

being unmeaningly dramatic, my phone drops from my hand and my mouth falls open. "what was it, are you alright?" billie rushes over to me, looking me dead in the eyes. "i- i never thought he'd message me again." i say, still in a state of shock.

"who lylah?" she asks, concern laced through her voice. i think she knows who it is. picking up my phone i went to read the message. "lylah, speak." she tries to get me to tell her, but all I can think to do right now is see what he has said.

opening imessage, i start to panic as i read the 9 word message.

'i told you i would be back one day'

"billie-" i freak out, grabbing onto her. "he said he's coming back-" i tell her. "who?" i can tell she knows it's him. the look in her eyes. it's obvious. "brandon is coming back!" i cry, falling into her arms.

"i don't know his intentions, but what if it's to hurt me, to hurt you?" i realise, my heart starting to race. "lylah." billie stops me, reaching for my hand. "listen to me, he's messing with you." she tells me.

i start to calm down. "it's what dudes like him do, fuck with girls' heads." i realise she's right. is she right? what if she's not? "do you promise?" i mumble, though she seemed to understand.

"promise what lylah?" separating myself from her and looking down at my lap, i respond with, "promise that he won't ever be back." she giggles a little. "i promise."

~

he seemed to leave me alone after that.  no new messages. what were his intentions? i wanted so badly to respond, like if i didn't something bad would happen.

"lylah?" billie looks over to me, giggling. "what?" she passes her phone over to me, showing a photo of us when we were younger;

 "what?" she passes her phone over to me, showing a photo of us when we were younger;

"we're so cute 'n little!" billie laughs. right as i was about to say something, my phone begins to ring. "gotta get this-" i say, grabbing my phone and running out the room. i didn't even bother to read the contact name, i just expected it to be my mom or something.

'pain', my contact name for brandon. it was on my screen. brandon, was calling me. "shit- shit-" i stutter, suddenly answering the phone not even hesitating for some odd reason.

"lylah." i hear brandons low voice with so many memories attached. "i- uh, brandon." walking to the backyard so that billie doesn't hear who i'm talking to, brandon continues. "come back to me or i'll kill your ass of a girlfriend." he smirks. how- how did he know?

"girlfriend, the fuck?" i laugh, pretending to be confused. "yeah, that billie eilish girl, i know a lot about her." the way he puts emphasis on 'a lot' makes me feel sick.  not giving me time to reply, he goes on.

"now like i said, come back to me or i'll kill her." he's basically laughing. "o-okay, where?" i start to panic. anything but billie. he can fucking kill me, over billie.

"pack your bags, i'll send you the address." he says, and with that i've run back inside to get ready.

ready to get fucking hurt.

a/n

what is this

i have the next few chapters planned out in my head dude get ready

(711 words)