[t h i r t e e n | exams]

// (Y/N)'s POV //

"Head up! Body low! Face your opponent with confidence!" The loud voice of Tiger echoed through my ear. "I swear, my ear is ringing from you." I used my pinky to clean out my ear.

I followed all his criticism, except for the last part. How was I supposed to show confidence with my face alone? I resorted to just make noises of 'confidence'.

"Rawr," I spoke out in my typical monotone voice.

Tiger went out of the mood briefly from how I showed my confidence.

He sighed, running his paw through his hair. "Good enough."

Almost immediately, he began his attack. He was physically strong, yes, but I've been learning how to block and dodge.

I dodged his first direct blow by moving to the side, grabbing his arm and throwing him into a tree.

"You've certainly grown stronger in a year, (L/N)! You can even pick me up and throw me with ease!"

Aya giggled in my head quietly, aware that I was actually feeling an emotion.

She always giggles when I'm feeling an emotion.

I never have any idea what it is.

I shrugged and went into the next battle position, awaiting his next move.

He then caught me off balance by kicking my legs and making me lose the familiar feeling of gravity. Everything seemed to slow down while I was falling to my inevitable doom, but I then saw his next move approaching slowly, his arm was swinging, about to hit me from the side.

I dodged his arm quickly, and grabbed onto it while it was moving. Using that to my advantage, I flinged myself away from him, landing with perfect balance on the ground around twenty meters away.

I looked forward and saw him approaching again.

His paw was up in the air, ready to hammer into the ground. I strafed to the right as fast as I could and used the opening on his side to kick him away. He lost his balance as well, falling on his butt and sliding away at least ten meters away from me.

I used this once again to my advantage as I quickly grabbed the cuffs at the back of my sweatpants and chased after him, which didn't take very long. Two seconds at most.

The moment I reached him, I took one of his paws and chained the cuff onto both of his hands.

"I win."

After a few seconds of stunned silence, I heard the clapping of a few people.

Specifically Himari, and Pixie-bob.

"Bravo (N/N)! I'm so proud of you!" The bluenette yelled.

"Look at how strong you are now! You've only been training for a year!" Pixie-bob added, clapping her paws and stating her interest in me for her internship agency thing.

"She is strong." Tiger pulled the handcuffs apart easily, patting me on the head with his big, oversized paw.

"You're definitely ready for today!"

Oh right, it was the second part of the recommendations exam for Yuuei for today.

'Hey, Aya?'

'Yes, (N/N)-chan?'

'What are the chances of me passing the exam?'

'50/100. You still wanna change it?'

'Make it 80/100 just to be sure. I really wanna get in...'