14:

---
(Warning, this chapter has gore. If you don't want to read it, this symbol [!] will show up once when the gore starts and once when it is over.)

---

"Hope you two enjoy." 

She lied.

Lelita nervously set the two impassive men down at one of the many cleared tables. She gave them two basic flat white coffees and a reasonable serving of lemon slice in rather unsteady hands. The stretch of Miss Lelita's fake twitching smile strained her jaw muscles.

She pulled back from the NSA agents once she started to feel bubbles of sweat rise upon her forehead, she didn't want them to know she was this terrified as they simply began to enjoy their treat.

"Enjoy we will ma'am," said the handsome younger one, not leaving the cafe owner out of his sight for once second. 

She tried to smile again whilst clasping her thick hands together and squeezed, stilling for a sense of self-comfort. But that spirit crumbled as easily as the delicate sweet slice being spooned into... devoured.

Upon the heaviness in the stagnant humid air, a piercing bolt of lightning struck the adjacent building across the street and shattering rumble of its thunderous impact shook at the cafe's creaking foundations.

For the first time in a long time, all of the strength Miss Lelita had built up over the years vanished in the face of this indeterminable moment. There was nowhere to go because she knew these people meant trouble for her and Koda especially, the woman had been around enough men to know who were the types that lurked of danger. And these two were prime examples of who to look out for.

She remembered silently observing the first agent who abruptly entered the cafe, scaring a local young girl on her way out of the premises. He was a bulky bald giant, dressed in clothing labelled with the red lettering of 'NSA'. This person was stern-faced with small piercing eyes you couldn't make our the colour of, and he carried his heavy self in a careful way that made sure displayed his brutish strength. Miss Lelita didn't keep her eyes on him for too long.

The second was an attractive young man in his early thirties, with smartly slicked-back ashen blonde hair and distinct blue eyes with a heterochromatic brown patch in each of them. He wore a well-fitting blue-toned suit, a shining silver NSA badge strung around his neck with the neatest folded tie she had ever seen.

"Thank you for taking the time to close down the cafe, we understand that it wasn't exactly ideal." The young agent sat poised and moved with precise movement, charm flowing effortlessly through his rehearsed words. The suited man held his cup gracefully, outstretched pinky and everything while his large friend gripped his own like it was a beer.

"You are right, it was not." Lelita dared to say with a slight cold tinge.

To her, the empty cafe floor was a disturbing sight. it was saddening that patrons had to leave without finishing half of their meal against her wishes, but she had to comply with these men and their conditions. For Koda's sake she had to comply to see what they wanted.

Lelita didn't know much about the NSA... but she did know they dealt with the governmental situation of the Hybrids... And she knew that every mention she made to them around Koda garnered a dark reaction from the Hybrid. There was no chance she was going to let them know anything about Koda, even if they may know his existence already. She had to play the game by their rules to protect him. And hoped so desperately he would not turn up during all of this.

She would not let another misunderstood creature die.

The blonde agent cleared his throat. "Well, my name is Agent Hershall and this is my good friend, Tucker. We are simply here to ask you a few questions regarding what you may or may not know about the hybrid attack that occurred last night... nothing too difficult I suppose." The young agent's words brought her back to the present, his careful eyes twinkling with a certain boyish humour.