Set up

A swift smack to the back of the head was all Victor really needed. "Hey What was that for?" He asked as he faced me.

"Not keeping your mouth shut," I told my brother. He rolled his eyes as he looked at me. "We should get going, dad will be mad if we're late," he told me. I nodded as I zipped my black bomber jacket. I put my boot up into my seat and tied it before throwing my leg over the seat.

I tied all my brown hair back and tucked it into my helmet before I took off.

~~~~~~

I watched as the butterflies flew out of the palms of my hands. I giggled and looked at my mother. She looked at me with such love in her eyes.

"Good job baby," she said before there was a noise from the woods, we both looked in that direction to see a man come walking out wearing a pair of ripped shorts.

"Lucas you shouldn't be here," my mother told him as she walked towards him, leaving me where I was. "It's not safe for you here, you need to come with me," Lucas told my mother.

"Mommy don't leave me," I told her. She looked at me, "I would never my baby girl" she whispered.

"I can't leave my children," my mother told him as she glanced at me. Several wolves came out of nowhere. "Victoria Run!" My mother yelled. I did as she said, I ran and I didn't look back. That was the last time I saw my mother.
~~~~~

I put my feet on the ground and looked around. We were on some dead-end dirt road in the middle of nowhere. Great.

"What do you think?" I asked Both my brothers and Puma.

Puma was em the son of my father's second. Vincent was my older brother well Victor was 10 months younger than me, he had turned 16 a few months ago and was just allowed to ride his own bike. I remember how excited I was when my dad started letting me tag along. I had seen Vincent doing it for years, and I just wanted to be like him.

Vincent was always our dad's favorite child. But he still put our half brother above us. His heir, his child that wasn't a half breed. Half wolf half Witch.

But he was away training at some fancy rich boarding school, so that left the three of us to do the dirty work. 

We were apart of our father's Coven but outcasts. Nobody said anything to us, we were still Cardoso's. We were still stronger than them, we still hold more power. We were descended from some of the first witches, they feared us.

"Vickie do you hear that?" Victor asked as he looked at me. I closed my eyes and focused on my hearing, we had the superior sense of the wolf.

I remember when my mother started teaching my brothers and me how to use them. How to focus them on one specific thing. How to block out the background or make it louder. How to smell something from miles away.

How to shift into our large wolf selves. Our father said we had alpha blood, that our mother was the daughter of an alpha before her pack was killed. My mother would hold me and tell me the stories of her pack when I was a child.

But now she was gone, and she was just like those stories. Just a memory.

"Wolves, coming our way," I said as the sound of Their paws on the ground reached me. I stared my bike back up but it wouldn't. My brothers tried Theirs but they wouldn't either.

"It's a set up" Puma cursed. I quickly did a spell to start up our bikes and We took off as the wolves started gaining on us. I stepped on my gas as they were right behind us. They kept up with us for a while, staying right on our tail.

As we approached a turn on the road I put my foot down to make the sharp turn.

I was tackled off my bike by a large brown wolf as the others kept going. "Take him to the cells," one of them said as two of them shifted.

They grabbed my arms and pulled me up. I quickly whispered a protection spell over me before I passed out.

My unconscious thoughts raced through my head. I tried to organize them, but nothing. Just a jumble of words.

A setup. Was it our coven? Was it my father? How did those wolves know where we would be and when?

I woke up to the sound of people talk and the feeling of a cold wet floor against my face. I opened my eyes and moved my head to the side trying to see through my blurred vision and my pounding headache.

A cell. Great, I was in a cell, I was a prisoner now.

"The Alphas mate, it came to a shock to all of us," one of the men said as the other laughed.

"He should be down here soon to collect her, I'm guessing he won't be happy where we put her," one of them said.

"Lucas is furious," Another one said. That name...

I sat up. What the hell is going on? I reached for my neck and made sure my locket was there. A small circle with a crescent moon and star engraved onto it. My mother's, a gift from my father.

My dad would find me, I knew he would. He would at least send my brothers.

"Alpha," the guards said as they went silent. The scent of Bourbon and smoke hit me, I looked up and saw a silhouette standing there. I pulled my knees closer to me and moved farther into the corner.

He opened my cell door and walked in. He was visibly intoxicated. He pulled me into his arms and carried me out of my cell. As soon as we got to the surface I jumped out of his arms and took off running. His growled echoed off the trees as I kept running.

I wasn't wasting any time getting out of here.
I took off running towards the scent of home. It didn't take me long to realize I was heading towards a cliff, but that didn't stop me.

"Stop!" My mate's voice yelled as I neared the edge of the cliff. I turned and looked at my mate's face. His dark curls under the black baseball cap he wore. His dark eyes and sharp features showing through the shadows.

"Step away from the ledge, that drop will kill you, we aren't going to hurt you," a man said, power in his voice. A beta. "Lucas is right nobody is going hurt you miss," a woman said as she stepped forward. I looked her in the eyes and recognized her.

I pushed out the message to my brothers. I quickly cast a mind blur spell so their memory of me would be foggy, they would hardly remember I was here.

"I'm sorry," I told my mate as I let myself fall backwards off the cliff. "No!" I heard my mate scream.
I closed my eyes and whispered my next spell.

Home

~~~~

Gonna aim for Tuesday uploads, possibly Thursday as well. This is the first book of a series of three.