Moon Coven

I kept my head up as I stood in the living room with the other two leading females. A pack of wolves was here before dawn for a meeting with Faith about a demon problem. There was no doubt she was going to send one of us to fix it.

Hope was Faith's younger sister, she was hundreds of years old like her sister. An experienced witch for her age and bloodline. She had beautiful black hair that was cropped at her shoulders, and blunt bangs. She had scars on her cheekbones and witch carved into her forearm. She had seen dark times.

Then, Lola, she was from a close bloodline to the Soren sister. She had long brown hair and blue eyes a bit darker than mine. Big lips covered in black lipstick. Cheekbones sharper than a knife. Red nails like claws.

Lola adjusted her black dress as she tapped her black nails on the arm of her chair, eyes on me. She had hated me since I arrived here over 7 months ago. She was going for my position, and I took it before she could. She had strong magic for what her bloodline was capable of, but nothing compared to what I could do. I could do things her nightmares couldn't even conjure up. She was several decades older than me but looked to be in her early 20s.

Hope had a similar style to her sister. The moon pendant always on, only three of them in existence, and her sister and I wore the other two. She wore a long silk purple gown with a deep v neck. You could see the upside-down cross between her breast, She was branded a temptress of the dark magic. She was one of the most skilled witches I had ever met.

I on the other hand wore black doc martens and a black overall dress with a white T-shirt. My brown hair was split down the middle and curled. I had the Cardoso family ring on my middle finger, the moon around my neck hanging for everyone to see.

I had on simple makeup to go with the simple look.

I heard the office door open down the hallway then the clicking of Faith's heels and two sets of feet followed.

Faith cleared her throat as she stepped into the room. I stayed by the window on the far side of the room.

"Ladies meet Alpha Acosta and Beta Cross," Faith said. Silence from the other females. I looked over and saw the two familiar wolves, all dressed up in suits. Impress the scary witch ladies.

"We have a soul demon problem," Faith told us.

"I don't force any members to do anything. They chose if they wish to do things. Some ladies come her for refuge from other covens, for protection"

"We understand," Lucas said with a small smile.

I walked out of the room before they could notice me. "Where is Victoria?" Faith asked. "Victoria Who?" Lola asked as I hid behind the wall.

"Victoria Cardoso, my niece, and my heir" Faith said.

"Victoria has a complicated past, I mean why would she want to go where the witch's treated her like an object. I mean her own father almost killed her" Lola laughed before Faith yelled at her.

"We would like Victoria if you can get her" Lucas cut in. "I will get you her file, then I will talk to her," Faith said.

I headed up to my room and grabbed one of my books. I flipped through the pages till I found what I needed.

I grabbed a clean sheet of paper and waved my hand over it. Copying the spell into the paper before closing the book.

I walked down the hallway towards the main stairs. I glanced out the window, it was a blizzard out there.

I walked down the steps to see several females passing in the hallway. A few wolves were sitting in the hallway waiting for chairs. Ben with his elbows on his knees leaning forward, eyes on the ground as the younger wolves in the group checked out the witches.

I recognized one of them from game night. Xander. He was a friend of Greyson and Fletchers.

"That looks like Natalie" Xander said, Ben just shook his head. "I've thought that so many times, it's never her" Ben laughed as he shook his head.

I saw Lucas reading my file. Really Faith?

Ben messed with his curls before running his hand along the stubble on his face.

"That's Natalie, she even has the dimples you don't shut up about," Xander said making my mate growl at him.

"We should get Victoria," Lucas said. "Why?" One of them asked. "She's Marleys daughter," Lucas said. "So your stepdaughter?" One asked as Xander watched me.

I walked into Faith's office. "How long will the assignment take?" I asked. "A day to possibly a month at most," she told me. I sighed.

"Fine, I'll do it," I told her. She smiled and stood up. She walked out of her office and into the hallway.

"I have someone who can do it," she told them. "I will send her to you as soon as she gets her things packed," Faith said before closing the office door and making a portal. I watched as the men stood up and walked towards me, unable to see me before they were home.

Back in Raven Valley where I was supposed to be.

Where I was going