Chapter 1 ~ Another Day In Prison

Narrator's POV:

Uma was serving tables, while Harry had just gotten back from shoplifting across the street. He ran inside, looking a bit nervous but also excited for a suspected fight against the merchant and his confederates. He didn't pay attention where he was going, and he ran into Uma, sending her stumbling into the table behind them. "Harry! Watch where you're going!" She hollered, looking frustrated. "Sorry capt'n," he huffed, trying to catch his breath, "The merchant that I shoplifted from is not very happy and he brought mates!" Before Uma could say another word, the store merchant rushed through the door and into the shop, his backup a step behind him. "HOOK!" He yelled, looking furious. Harry laughed and waved the wallet he had stolen from him around in his hand, "Ye' can't get it!" "Oh really? You wanna test that, pirate?" Harry smirked and drew out his cutlass, putting the wallet in his hand with his hook. The store merchant drew out his backsword and him and Harry started dueling. It lasted a bit, but eventually Harry won, disarming the merchant. The backup surrounded Harry, glaring and drawing their swords. Harry gulped. Uma rolled her eyes and stepped forward, giving the toughest look she could gather up at the moment. She looked tiny compared to the tall men, "Aherm. Boys, there's no need to kill him. He's my first mate, and if you mess with him, you mess with me too. So I suggest y'all go back to the dump you came from, 'cause trust me, you don't wanna mess with Ursula's daughter. I've got an entire crew to back me up if you dare try to lay a finger on either me or Harry. So do ya wanna test me now? Hmm?" She crossed her arms and stood the tallest she could, but that only got her face up to their chests. "U-Ursula's d-daughter? Uhh, sorry ma'am. We'll be on our way." They scurried out of the building, looking terrified. Uma smirked, "Ha. That's what I thought." Harry's jaw dropped, "How did you do that?" "I've got my ways. Everyone's scared of getting on my bad side 'cause of my mom." She let out a slight laugh. Harry knelt down and kissed the top of her hand, "Thank ye' for saving me." Uma slowly pulled her hand away, "Mhmm. Just be more careful next time."

Mal walked through the hallway, carrying about 10 books stacked on top of each other. Chad walked by her and noticed, then purposely stuck his foot out in front of her, causing her to trip and fall onto the ground, dropping all of her books. "Chad." Mal growled, picking her books back up and slowly getting back up. "That's my name, don't wear it out!" Chad teased, smirking. "Chad. Why did you trip me?" She looked like she wanted to punch him, but she gripped tighter onto her books so she didn't. "Because I felt like it. Duh." He responded, shrugging. Mal's eyes glowed green for a second, and she glared, "That's not a reason-you know what? I don't care. Just know that if you ever do that again I won't hesitate to clock you in the face." Chad looked scared and ran away down the hall. Mal shook her head and rolled her eyes, heading to class.

Chad's POV:

I ran as fast as I could down the hall, which is pretty fast, because I'm so athletic and awesome. Anyways, I sprinted back to where Audrey had been, which was her dorm. Without knocking, I ran inside, panting for breath. "Audrey! Audrey! Audrey you'll never guess what I did!" Audrey rolled her eyes and shrugged, "Let me guess . . . you lost to Jay again?" I scoffed, "No. I always beat him," I showed my muscles and smirked. Audrey stared at me blankly. "I regret feeding into this conversation." She said insolently. "Wait! There's more! I was gonna tell you that I tripped Mal. In the hall. And made her drop all her books." I bragged, grinning and mimicking Mal falling. During that, I hit my head on the bedpost, "Ow." I rubbed my sore forehead, getting up. "Audrey? C-can you kiss my boo boo?" I sat next to her on the bed and pointed to where I had hit my head. Audrey grimaced and shoved me away, making me fall off the bed. "Eww! No way!" I winced in pain, "Pwease?" I asked, quivering my lip. "GET OUT." She growled, glowering at me like she wanted to throw me out the room. Scared for my life, I scurried out the door.

Jay's POV:

I had just finished R.O.A.R. practice, and I put my sword away in the sword holder. I walked over to Carlos and playfully hit him on the shoulder, "Great job at practice today." Carlos smiled a bit, "Thanks man. I was trying to impress Jane. We have a date on Saturday." "Ooh! Looks who's gettin' the ladies now! I'm proud of you, dude." I wiggled my eyebrows and adjusted my beanie. Dude ran over to us, wagging his tail, "Did somebody call me?" Carlos laughed and shook his head, picking Dude up. "No, Dude. We were just talking about Jane and I's date on Saturday." "Ohhh! Aww, I was wishing you were calling me because you had extra bacon you didn't eat for breakfast." I shrugged, digging in my pockets for something. I pulled out a dog biscuit, holding it out. "Here. But that's all I've got." Dude gobbled it up like he hasn't eaten in months. "Alright man," I said, motioning towards the door, "Let's get outta here."

Mal's POV:

The bell rang and I headed out of the classroom, relieved that school was over for the day. I was drowning in work. Essays, tests, papers, projects, assignments, worksheets, booklets, workbooks, and pretty much everything you can think of. When I got to my dorm, I let all of my books and papers and stuff fall right onto my bed. I let out a groan and threw myself back onto my bed next to all of my work. Evie was at her sewing machine, "My goodness, that's a lot of work M. Do you need help? I already knocked out all mine so..." My jaw dropped and I quickly sat up on my bed. "What? How? I haven't even finished one paper!" I held up a slightly wrinkled sheet of paper and groaned once more, shoving it down onto my bed with the rest of my assignments. "I think Fairy Godmother hates me." Evie let out a chuckle, "That's not true. And besides, I'm here to help you, and also, that's not even due until next week." "NEXT WEEK?" I shouted, looking nervous, "I don't think that's enough time!" "M, breathe. You'll get through this. It's not as much as it seems." I looked at her blankly and pointed to all the stuff on my bed. "M, you need to relax. How about this . . . I'll knock out some of your homework while you go do whatever you want. Okay?" I grinned and got up, hugging her. "Ah, yes please! Thanks E! You're the best!" I ran out of the room, glad to leave that stupid homework behind.