Chapter 4 ~ I Like You

Uma's POV:

I stayed sitting at the table for a moment, thinking to myself. Then Harry walked up to me and sat down across from me where Ben was.

"Was something going on with ye' and Ben?" He asked, putting his hook on the table

"Was something going on with ye' and Ben?" He asked, putting his hook on the table. "What? No. I was just trying to set a good impression. Ya know, for evil and stuff."I answered, shrugging. I lied about the second part, but the first was very true. I had no feelings whatsoever for Ben. "Okay. Good." He sighed with relief. "Hey, by any chance . . . did you hear what him and Mal were discussing outside?" I asked, cocking my head a bit. "Yes I did. They said that they were gonna stay here for 3 days." Harry said. I started plotting again. Harry noticed and gently tapped my hand. "I don't suggest doing anything bad. They brought guards." I rolled my eyes, "Pfft! I don't care about some stupid guys in uniforms. And if they catch me, what's the worst they can do? Keep me on the Isle?" Harry nodded, "Ye' have a good point..." "I know I do. And that's why I'm not scared to do anything bad. So if you don't mind, I'm coming up with a plan." I continued strategizing a plan. "So, if Mal and Beast Boy are staying here for a few days, that gives us the opportunity to-" "Uma!" Harry shouted, cutting me off. "What?" I retorted. "I need to tell you something very important," He started to sweat, but he mostly hid the nervous look on his face. "I... I uhh... I like you." I raised an eyebrow. "Oooookaaaay?" I drawled, confused on what he meant. "No no. I mean, I like you like you. Like as in more than a friend." He became even more nervous and studied my reaction. My jaw dropped. "R-really? Wow..." Harry looked down, "Do ye' like me too...?" Now I became nervous. I thought of how to answer him, biting my lip. "Well, you see, I, well, I... Yes..." I gazed down at the table, trying not to show that I was blushing. Harry's face lit up and he grinned. "Really? Yesssss!" I laughed a bit. Without noticing, we moved closer and closer towards each other, then eventually kissed. Once we noticed we quickly pulled away and looked embarrassed. "Sorry," Harry said, looking down. I smiled a bit. "Don't be." We stared lovingly at each other for a bit. I suddenly heard what sounded like a recording sound, and I shot my head over to the direction it came from. I saw Gil holding up his new phone, grinning, "Awesome! I just got that on video!" I felt my hands curl into fists, and my face express the nastiest glare I've ever shown. Without saying a word, I got out of my seat, walked over to Gil, and stood right in front of him. His eyes widened and he started shaking, "P-p-p-please d-d-don't h-h-hurt m-me." "It's too late for that." I growled, stepping closer to him. "No!" He squeaked, covering his face with his hands, "Not the face! Not the face!" I raised a fist and aimed it right at him. I let it lunge forward and collide with his shoulder, sending him stumbling out of his chair. "And that's me being generous." I snarled, kicking him in the side. I snatched his phone out of his hand and stormed outside to the ship. I held it out over the roiling sea below filled with bloodthirsty sharks. A crowd of pirates watched from a safe distance. I let go and it plummeted down into the dark waters below. I went back inside the shoppe and sat back down, still looking furious. "Yikes. I'd hate to see what happens if someone triggers ye' now." Harry said, his eyes wide. I just groaned and threw my head onto my arms on the table. "He's so tiring," I mumbled, barely able to talk because my face was buried into my arms. Harry rubbed my shoulder, "I get it. It's a lot to handle." "You have no idea." I kept my face down, starting to calm down a bit more.

Harry's POV:

I kept rubbing Uma's shoulder, trying to get her to relax a bit. She eventually took her face out of her arms and looked up. She looked exhausted. "Thanks, Harry." She said, smiling a little. "Of course." I replied, smiling back. I really did love Uma. She was such an amazing friend, and I'm so glad she has feelings for me too. "So, are ye' gonna continue plotting?" I asked. "Are you kidding?" She whined, moaning. She put her head back on her arms, "I'm too tired to plot." Her words sounded like a mumble, but I just laughed a bit. "Get some rest. I'll handle everything else for now." "Thanks." She took her head off her arms and got up, heading to her room.