Chapter 6 ~ Triggered

The next day...

Harry's POV:

I woke up and got out of bed. I got ready for the day and headed out to the shoppe, where I saw Uma, who was already there. "Did you have a good sleep?" She asked, looking like she wanted to laugh. I nodded, "How are ye' up so early?" I asked, yawning. "I'm not," she said, pointing to the one hour behind clock on the wall. It was 11:00 AM. My eyes widened in shock. Uma laughed a bit and shook her head, washing dirty dishes. "So, Uma, ye' know how we're together now?" I drawled. She nodded slightly, turning her head towards me while she was still scrubbing a messy plate. "Well, my dad heard and he wants to get to know ye' better." I said nervously. Uma placed the plate down in the sink and walked over to me, taking her apron off. "Alright." She threw it across the room carelessly and walked out with me. We headed to my dad's shop, where he was selling a wharf rat a broken clock. I slowly walked up to him. "Hey dad," I mumbled, fiddling with my hook nervously. "Aye son! Did ye' bring her with ye'?" He asked. I nodded a bit and Uma stepped up next to me. She was silent and stood still. My dad eyed her skeptically, "Aren't ye' the girl who almost got my son killed last summer?" He asked. I shook my head and put an arm around Uma, "No. That was someone else. Uma saved my life, actually." I said, pulling her towards me until she was practically leaning against me. My dad walked over to an empty alley, and I followed, pulling Uma along with me. "Aye' son, why don't ye' go and check out the new clock stock I assembled!" He said, pointing his hook over at the counter. I shrugged and strolled over there, looking at the new broken clocks. Uma turned to follow me, but Captain Hook stopped her. "Not you! I wanna talk to ye'." Still not saying a word, Uma stopped in her tracks and turned back around.

Uma's POV:

I shoved my hands in my pockets and stared at the end of the alley behind Harry's dad. I had a weird feeling in my stomach. And not the kind of feeling when I eat a stale bagel that's way too nasty to digest. It was a feeling of that something bad was gonna happen. But would Captain Hook do anything bad to me? Nah. I doubt it. "I have a surprise for ye'!" He said, grinning. I slowly raised an eyebrow. "And trust me," he drawled, his smile fading, "It's to DIE for!" My eyes widened and I slowly started to back up. "Oh come on, Uma! Don't leave! I want to show you the surprise!" He hissed maniacally. I took my hands out of my pockets and begun backing up even faster. He pulled out his flintlock and aimed it at me. I became terrified and froze in fright. He fired 3 shots. They hit my left shoulder, my right thigh, and my left hip. Harry looked over and jumped when he saw them strike me. I yelled out in pain and fell to the ground. My body became warm and I started to feel lightheaded and dizzy. My sight became fuzzy and I blacked out.

Harry's POV:

I ran over to Uma's side and started crying. "Oh my gosh! Uma!" I turned to my dad, glaring. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?! SHE DID NOTHING WRONG TO YOU!!!" I yelled, tears still on my cheeks. "I don't approve." He said through gritted teeth, his flintlock still in his hand. I cried harder, "Then just kill me too." He shook his head and lowered his armed hand down to his side, "Naw. That'd be unnecessary and cruel." He answered, looking down at me on my knees, sobbing. My eyes filled with fury at those words. "UNNECESSARY AND CRUEL?!?! THAT'S EXACTLY THE CASE WITH UMA!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!!!" He rolled his eyes and put his weapon back in its' case. I was still sobbing and I picked Uma up in my arms. "I hope you ROT." I snarled, standing up. I walked off with Uma for help. I had to get her to a hospital. Not a useless one on this island. One in Auradon. But how...?