Imperfectly Perfect

Y/N's POV

You know when you completely lose your mind because you've been head over heels for someone for so long? It's the absolute worst thing you could ever be put through. Especially when you know you have no chance of being with them because they're too perfect for you. 

I know exactly what that feels like because I've been in love with my bestfriend for 3 years and I know she doesn't feel the same way. It's hard because I see her everyday and I fall more in love when she smiles. 

"What are you thinking about?" She says, poking my cheek. 

You

"Nothing, just school stuff I guess." I smile at her and look down at my hands.

"You know I can tell when you're lying but if you don't wanna talk you don't have to." She playfully rolls her eyes and bumps my shoulder. We laugh and continue to look at the sunset from the cliff we were currently on. It's the perfect setting to confess your undying love for someone but I'm too much of a pussy to say anything.

"What kind of love do you want Y/n?" She suddenly looks at me with the most serious face I've ever seen on her before.

"Uh, I don't know." I look down again.

"C'mon, just tell me. I'm curious." She grabs my hand, still looking at me."

"Well, I guess I want the kind of love where the simplest thing make your heart jump out of your chest. The kind where you aren't afraid to tell the other person anything because no matter what, They'll be able to make it 100 times better just by holding you and being there for you. Where you can go out together and hold hands because the only thing that matters is that you're with them. I want the love where you can stay inside and watch movies and cry together when Mufasa dies and jump and scream with joy when Dory remembers who Nemo is. I want to be able to have fights but know that the love is still there. I don't I guess I just want to feel safe with someone." I shrugged my shoulders and looked at the sunset.

She was silent for a while. It looked like she was deep in thought. She was still holding my hand though.

"That would be amazing." She finally looked at me. I now realized how close our faces were. She looked at my lips and I looked at hers. I have to do it, It's now or never.

"Yeah, It would be perfect. With you." I continued to look at her lips when she smiled. But then it faltered and dropped.

"I'm far from perfect Y/n." She let go of my hand and moved away from me. My heart dropped and shattered inside of me.

"Billie, you're imperfectly perfect for me." I moved closer to her but she only backed away.

"I'll only break your heart." She puts her hands out to stop me.

"Already broken." I moved her hands out of the way and finally put my lips against hers. Her hands wrapped around my neck and I held her waist and puller her close. I've been waiting for so long for this. She pulled away and smiled.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

"Definitely, I've wanted this for three years." I pulled her close and kissed her again.

"So that's how you and mommy got together?" Bella, our 4 year daughter asked as I finished tucking her in. 

"Yes, and it was one of the best days of my life." I kissed her forehead getting up.

"And it took you 3 years to do it? What took so long?" She asked

"Hey, it takes a lot of courage to tell someone you love them for the first time. Now go to bed silly" I shook my head walking to the door.

"G'night mommy, g'night mama, I love you." She smiled at Billie in the doorway and closed her eyes that resembled her mother's.

"Good night baby, I love you too." I smiled back.

"Good night love." Billie said back and we both walked back to our room.

"Yeah, what took you 3 years anyway?" She laughed.

"I don't remember you saying it first." I laughed back.

"You're perfect." I sighed looking at her.

"I'm far from perfect." She rolled her eyes.

"You're perfectly imperfect for me." I pulled her into the bed and kissed her. She smiled and kissed back coming closer to me.

"I love you." 

"I love you too."

Wasn't that sweet?

Also there's this girl that I've liked for 3 months and if Y/n couldn't do it for 3 years just imagine what'll happen with me. Also, if you didn't read that long paragraph about love I don't blame you.

*laughs in pain*

-Andrew