Code 002

Y/n's POV

Sitting on my bed I looked at the wall. It was covered in scratch marks from me resisting. It's like I can remember each time they took me. Something different was done each time to stop me.

Each one equally horrible.

I got up from the bed and walked towards the wall. Tracing the marks with my fingers, I looked at the scars on my body. Most healed but the worst ones stayed and were a constant reminder to stay in line.

I used to be so scared, now I feel nothing. They took my emotions and replaced them with numbness that won't go away.

*Knock Knock*

I looked towards the wind to see a girl. She wasn't wearing a white coat. She didn't look like the others. She looked,

Curious. Confused.

I walked to the glass and stared at her. I tilted  my head to the side and she did the same. Her eyes shifted to my room and looked around.

I continued to stare at her because I was curious myself.

Her face saddened at the amount of items I possessed and looked back at me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked softly, almost as if it was just meant for her ears.

"I live here." I replied.

"You can talk?" She looked surprised.

"I can." I nodded.

"What are they testing for?" She questioned.

"I don't know." I replied softly.

"Well, do you feel safe?" She asked hopefully.

"I don't really know what that feels like. I can't remember it, so I don't know." I looked away at the loss of the feeling.

"Do you wish to leave?"

"And go where? I may not like it here but it's my only option." I shook my head.

"I could take you somewhere. Somewhere safe." She tried.

"They'll come for you. Whatever they need me for is important to them." I shook my head again and turned to walk away.

"Are you scared?" She softly asked again.

"It's the only emotion I possess. So, yes, I am scared." I looked back at her again.

"I'm sorry." She looked down.

"For?" I was confused.

"Leaving you here." She looked up again.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"You don't remember?"

"I do not." I said.

"I'm Billie. We met a while ago. I left you here because I was afraid. I'll never forgive myself for it." She whispered.

I squinted my eyes in confusion. I continued to stare at her trying to remember.

"You're the girl." I said. It made sense now. She seemed familiar and she was. The girl I waited for. Ten years, ten years of waiting and I finally found her.

"Why were you afraid?" I asked.

"My father, he threatened to kill you." She looked at me.

"Why are you here now?" I asked.

"I wanted to see if you were alive. If you were okay." She replied. I nodded my head and turned towards the books I had.

Slowly, I walked towards them to get the book. I grabbed and and turned back towards Billie.

She looked at my hands and then back at me.

"You still have it?" She asked.

"You're father gave it to me for my birthday." I ran my fingers over the front of the book.

I looked back to her before walking closer. I put it against the glass for her to see.

She looked at the book before looking back at me. She looked sad again. Almost angry.

"Have I upset you?" I asked. Her face softened instantly.

"No, I'm mad at myself." She said.

"I don't blame you Billie. I understand why you did what you did." I opened the book and began to skim through the pages.

"You were my brick house. They took everything from me. But as long as I had you, I was okay. But they took that too." I closed the book before putting it back on the shelf.

"I'm sorry." She said again.

"Stop saying that. There's nothing to be sorry for. I forgive you Billie. I always will." I looked into her eyes before the door opened. The white coats came into the room and dragged me away. Billie screamed at them to stop but they didn't.

I shook my head for her to stop. She did.

I looked at her once more before the door closed again.

I didn't fight this time. I got what I was waiting for. What I was truly fighting for.

The chance to see her again. The chance to talk to her again.

For a long time I only felt numb. Like there was nothing left in this world for me, I was wrong. She's all I need in this world, she makes it worth it. I didn't care what happened to me. As long as I had her.

I'd be okay.

I wrote different versions of this and hated them all so I hope this it good enough. Part 3?
Turned 17 a couple days ago so that's cool.
-Andrew