go away

"Tate!" violet whispered into tate's ear. he slowly opened his eyes. he was back in his bedroom, after violet took him there. she knew that he would remember what he saw. what hayden made him see.

"violet.." his lips quivered as he spoke. violet sighed.

"you had..a seizure. after i had mine." violet said. tate was slowly remembering the events that happened.

"y-you had b-blood!" his voice yelled. his voice was squeaky, he sounded a bit sick. Tate ran his fingers up against violets cold skin on her throat. she knew she couldn't tell him the full truth, it would mentally damage him. as if he wasn't mentally damaged enough.

"listen, tate." violet began speaking, looking into Tates beautiful eyes. his eyes stared back into hers, afraid and lost. weak

"this house..is evil." violet grabbed his hand. she intertwined her fingers with his. he hesitated to do it back at first, but did.

"what do you mean?" tate asked. Violet sighed.

"i've been living next door for years now. i've seen things. i've seen people come and go from this house." Violet started.

"there's spirts in this house."

tate's eyes struck with shock.

"you mean..ghosts?" he asked. violet laughed under her breath.

"i guess you could call them that." Violet said. she gulped.

"remember that man who came in your room, with the half burned face?" she asked tate. tate remembered for a second, the replied.

"yeah, why?"

Violet stroked Tate's hand with her thumb.

"he's dead." Violet said. she looked up from tate's hand, and looked at tate.

"really?" Tate asked. violet nodded.

"why was he so pissed at me?" Tate sat up, still holding violets hand.

"from what i've read, this room was where his kids slept. his wife burned the children alive, along with herself. he tried to save the kids, and that's how he got his face like that. he's a nasty bitch, and he likes to take hell on anyone who steps foot in his house. even though he wasn't the first person to live here." Violet explained the mans life story. Tate mouthed 'wow'

"oh, and you remember hayden?" violet was eager to tell her story. Tate nodded.

"she's dead."

Tate blinked his eyes a few times.

"oh shit" he exclaimed. Violet bit the inside of her cheek.

"she knows how to get inside your head, she's very manipulative. beware and try to stay clear of her." violet warned. Tate raised his eyebrow.

"she can make you see things that aren't happening." Violet sighed, remembering what hayden made her see. she hated the thought of tate and hayden.

"if you see any spirits who bother you, just close your eyes and tell them to go away." Violet laid her head on tate's chest. he stroked her long, brown hair.

"i will." tate assured her. tate began to close his eyes, falling asleep. Violet smiled a bit, and held him close. she wanted to protect him. no matter what, at any costs.

-

Violet got out of tate's bed, him still fast asleep. they'd been cuddling for quite some time, and she had someone to handle. she walked out of his old room, hoping no one would bother him while she wasn't with him. She strolled down the stairs, down the main hallway, and opened the door to the basement. she ran her fingers along the rusty, brown, railing. she took in a deep sigh.

"Hayden." Violet called out. without a doubt, hayden shortly appeared in front of violet.

"you called?" Hayden snickered. she circled around Violet, judging her every move.

"stay away from tate." Violet yelled. she didn't want to yell, but the anger for hayden made it hard not to.

"Why on haunted houses would i do that?" Hayden laughed. Violet rolled her eyes.

"Hayden i won't let you ruin tate's life, like you did mine." Violet snapped. hayden made a pouty face.

"you mean.." Hayden bit her lower lip.

"when i slept with your dad?"

violets face twisted in anger and disgust. the thought of hayden and her father made her gag.  remember that baby, jeffery? that's hayden's and violets fathers son.

"I won't let you do this again." Violet got closer to the witch.

"i will kill you."

Hayden chuckled.

"i'm already dead, sweetheart." Hayden said. violet shook her head.

"I'll find a way for you to disappear." Violet replied.

"you did when you killed my physical body." Hayden pushed violet away from her. violet didn't like her past much either, she thought of herself as weak. for giving up. for losing hope.

"Don't you remember?" hayden asked her.

"when you hit me with a shovel, after you walked in on me and your father."

Tears formed in violets eyes. she wanted to be with one person in that moment. tate. so, she did. she once again appeared in his room. she couldn't wake him up, because then he'd ask why she's there at 3am in the morning. so, she watched the teenager sleep. she grew interest in Tate, she saw more than meets the eye.

"Violet." a male voice called out. violet turned around, only to see her father standing by tate's door. she hated her father, because he cheated on her mother. even though her mother forgave him.

"Get out." Violet snapped. Her father sighed, locking eyes with her.

"It's been another year, officially." Her father said. violet turned confused.

"what?" she asked in curiosity. her dad laughed, but a laugh that was sad.

"it's been 3 years."

violet automatically knew what he was talking about, so she thought.

"since?" she still asked.

"Since you killed yourself because of my mistake."

violet frowned.

"every year i apologize, but then you tell me to go away, and i don't get to come back until another year, or if you summon all of the spirits." Ben sighed through his words.

"is that how it's gonna be this year? are you gonna tell me to go away?"