some of the truth

Violet sighed, looking at tate and then back at her father.

"lets talk, then." Violet said. Her fathers eyes filled with happiness. Violet walked out of tate's room, following her father into the basement. Violet leaned against the cold walls, waiting for an explanation.

"I'm sorry for everything, Vi." Her father began with his apology. Violet shook her head.

"I don't wanna hear it, to be honest. You fucked up, and now we're both dead." Violet spatted out. Her father looked down at the basement floor.

"I understand you're mad, that's a side affect of-"

"don't even try to fucking diagnose me with some made up mental issue that you've made up in your fucking head because you feel guilty for fucking a twenty year old." Violet cut off his words, and locked eyes with him. Her fathers eyes shook with shock.

"When are you gonna grow up and FORGIVE ME?" Ben yelled. Violet bawled her fists. she threw a swift punch right at his jaw. Just because he's dead doesn't mean he won't feel the pain. it's the curse of being in that house. Ben grabbed his jaw in pain, wiping the little spot of blood that formed on his lip.

"i don't want you near me." Violet said. She disappeared, and reappeared back in tate's room. she just laid on his beanbag, and tried to fall asleep.

-
The following morning, Violet awoke from her sleep. She looked at tates alarm clock, and looked at the time.

"8:00am."

She got up, and took a look at tates sleeping face before she walked downstairs. She walked down to the kitchen, where the maid was, cooking breakfast.

"Good morning, Violet." The maid spoke out. Violet smiled, and opened the back door to go out to the yard. She saw her mother and her brother jeffrey, (who was still a baby) sitting on the bench.

"Hi mom." Violet called out from across the yard. Her mother looked up from her lap, and waved to Violet.

"Hi honey!" She said. Violet walked over to the bench, and sat with her mom.

"Dad tried talking to me last night." Violet said. Her mother looked at her with sorrow.

"Your not going to forgive him, dear?" Her mother asked. Violet shrugged.

"He's the reason this family is tore apart." Violet replied. Vivian sighed, and kissed haydens. baby's forehead. vivien had been taking care of jeffrey because she saw hayden as a unfit mom.

"I'm sorry mom." Violets eyes began to become cloudy from the tears.

"I'm so sorry."

vivian put jeffery in the stroller, and brought violet into her arms.

"it's not your fault, nothing is. it's the evil of this house". her mother assured her. Violet sniffled, and nodded.

"i have to go, i love you mom." violet said, then walked back into the house that was ridden with evil.

"good morning, Tate." violet smiled at him.

"Morning Violet." Tate replied. Tate finished his piece of bacon, and got up.

"i'm gonna go meet up with some friends." Tate  stated. Violet immediately turned confused. Moiria looked pretty shocked herself. Tate walked towards the front door.

"wait!" Violet ran after him. Tate opened the door.

"hm?"

Violet was trying to find the right way to say 'you have friends?' but she couldn't really find a way to say it in a non defensive way.

"who are these new friends?" Violet asked. Tate shrugged.

"some kids from the neighborhood." Tate replied. Violet nodded. she didn't wanna ruin his fun, so she kept her mouth shut.

"Okay, have a good time." Violet smiled. Tate grinned, and went out the door. Violet was bored without tate, even though there was a lot of spirits in the house, she often felt alone.

"what could i do.." Violet thought. Then, an idea sparked into her brain.

"I could just walk around in the neighborhood.." Violet said. it wasn't a really "fun" idea, but it was the best she could do. she hurried upstairs to tates room, and opened up a piece of the floorboard. before she died, she packed some of her things below the floor so she'd still have them when the next family moved in. The whole city knew of her death, so she had to disguise herself. She grabbed some jeans and a crop top, along with a hoodie to put over her head. She got dressed, and went outside.

"stay calm, your just dead walking around with real people.." Violet whispered to herself. She walked, and walked around until she passed the neighborhood school. Since violets dead, she couldn't leave the neighborhood. because that house kept her surrounded. with no where to run. Violet sat on the bench on the school yard. she smiled at the memory of high school. football games, friends, school dances, boys..

"boys."

"tate?" Violet saw a few highschool kids, and tate pushed up against a wall.

"what the hell?" Violet yelled. she got closer to them, and it was 3 teenage boys, and tate. Tates nose was bloody, along with his lip.

"You should leave." One of the guys said to her. violet scoffed.

"let go of him." she demanded. another one rolled his eyes.

"you like this buddy? i her you LOVED it when you killed all those innocent kids from your old highschool." The last one said to Tate. tates lip quivered.

"just fuck off!" Tate whimpered. One punched him. Pure anger ran through violet.

"I SAID STOP!" Violet screamed. she closed her eyes.

and there they were. in the basement, where she teleported them. the three teenage boys, and tate.

"What the fuck?" one yelled. Violet felt power, and revenge. she kept it dark in the room, and she moved tate next to her.

"i'm scared, violet!" tate yelled.

"did the spirits take us here?" tate asked. the lights turned on. violets eyes were glowing, a bright red. tate stared deep into her eyes, feeling frightened by her presence.

"v-v-violet!" tate shook his head, and went up against the wall. violet looked at him, and then back the the guys. she knew tate was scared, and that she would have to explain this. in that moment, all she wanted to do was hurt those boys. but, they'd just die here and shed have to deal with them. so, she sent them back. violets eyes stopped glowing. tate was bawled up in the corner, rocking back and forth. Violet sat next to him, and brought him into a hug.

"are you evil?" tate looked up from his jeans. violet shook her head.

"no, i'm not." she replied. tate sniffled.

"then, how'd you do that?" tate asked. violet sighed.

"i'm dead."