Bend It Like Beckham

I stepped into the Uber, slightly tipsy already as my best friend Kera was behind me screaming "ayeee". Typical ratchet behavior.

I was out in Cleveland visiting family for the summer and she decided to come with me as well since we had a break from our summer classes at Spelman. After spending time with family, my cousin Gary decided to invite us to the club and I wasn't gonna turn that down, especially when he insisted all drinks were on him.

We were already lit because we decided to down a bottle of Hennessy as we were getting ready so I knew by the end of the night I was gonna be passed out, which is exactly what I wanted. I mean what's the purpose of drinking if you're not gonna have a hangover the next morning right?

I scooted over so Kera could get in the Uber, with the breeze of the wind came through the bottom of my dress. The breeze had me questioning why I decided to wear a thong instead of my usual boy shorts. Only the dress I was wearing didn't allow me to wear much, not even a bra. As we headed to the club I texted my cousin to let him know we were on the way so we wouldn't have to wait in the line.

"I hope it's some fine ass niggas in here" Kera said

"I don't care who in here I'm tryna get drunk and go home"

"Omg you're so lame. You really need to live a little. I mean you and Derrick have been broken up what 6 months? I know that thang got cobwebs by now" Kera said laughing

I rolled my eyes, "Don't worry bout my "thang" plus my vibrator has been gettin the job done.

"It can only do so much sis."

I scoffed as we pulled up at the club. When my cousin said it was lit he really meant it. He was standing next to the bouncers in his phone as I called his name. He motioned for us to come on as we walked into the blue.

The purple and pink lights were dim as Meek Mills Dreams and Nightmares blasted through the speakers. As expected everyone was rapping word from word as I could hear Kera screaming the lyrics in my ear behind me.

We followed Gary to the vip section as we received a few stares. I mean my brown skin was radiating with the help of the Fenty Beauty body lava. My bestfriend wasn't half stepping either with her light skin complementing the red two piece set she had with her nude louboutin shoes.

When we walked in vip we noticed that this had to be the section to be because some of the top liquors and wines were sittin in the middle of the four white couches in the section.

"Dang this is fancy" I said to my cousin Gary.

"Yeah they went all our probably because of who coming through tonight. I looked at Kera

"Who?" I asked

"The Browns football team sliding through so its fina be litty" he said

I didn't know anything about football, but I do know they have some fine men. Plus I went to Spelman so we didn't have much eye candy.

"Future baby daddy are you readyyy" Kera started as she twerked.

I laughed as I proceeded to sit at the end of the couch away from some of the people that were already there. I wasn't the friendliest person when it came to knew people.

As we were sitting there sipping and talking, that's when I saw HIM.

"Damn" was all I was thinking to myself.

His buttery smooth skin looked amazing. Along with his freshly lined beard and the cross earring that hung in his left ear. His beautiful teeth were on full display as he laughed at someone with his phone in his right hand. He was rocking all black with a chain that screamed "he got moneyyy" around his neck. I literally felt shivers.

"Ayyy we got my man Odell and Jarvis in the house tonight, make some noise for the home team" the dj said into the mic. The crowd went nuts

He threw his hand up as he started to come towards the vip section. A man I'm guessing who was his personal security proceeded to make a path for him to get through. Please don't come near me was what I was thinking. I could literally take him right there in front of all these people.

As he walked up to the section, he slightly brushed pass me, and he smelled so good. I wanted his babies.

"Excuse me," he said.

I proceeded to get up to let him through since I was sittin at the edge of the couch.

When I sat back down I nudged Kera who was lookin at the other guy that was wit him.

"BITCHHHHHHHHH" she whispered. I knew we were thinking the same thing.

I watched him throughout the night. Drinking, laughing, talking to people. I wanted to say something so bad but I don't care how fine a man is, my anxiety would never let me say anything first.

After my fourth drink, I decided I was for. That along with the bottle of Hennessey I shared with Kera had me out. I didn't know how I was gonna get up and walk out of here.

"You ready" I asked Kera.

"We can but I really was trying to get ole boy to notice me" she said with her eyes going to the guy that was wit Mr.Fineashell

I sighed.

We sat a little while longer and the longer we sat the more the liquor kicked in.

"Kera we have to go I'm drunk as hell Im not gonna make it" I told her

"Damn bitch you could ruin a wet dream but I guess we can go cause ole boy ain't tryna come this way.

We got up and walked back to where we came in as Kera finished ordering our Uber.

Soon as we walked out the front door I headed someone say,

"Excuse me miss, my boss wanted to know were you leaving."

I immediately recognized the man as the security from earlier when Odell was walking through. I think that's his name. At this point I didn't know because I barely knew my own name.

"Ummmm," before I could get out my statement Kera says, " we were unless he had plans"

I could choke her. She looked at me and whispered sorry as the security got on his phone, I'm assuming to call him.

"He said did u mind waiting 10 minutes, imma go pull the truck around"

I shrugged.

"This Uber needs to hurry " Kera said.

"What Uber? You're not gettin in an Uber by yourself drunk, and I'm not about to leave with this man ha myself drunk. U coming with me since u volunteered my night," I said to Kera.

She rolled her eyes as she got on the phone to cancel the Uber.

Should I continue????? 👀👀👀👀 let me know