Going Down East

It was officially my birthday. I mean you only see 21 once right? With my salon officially opening and everything running smoothly I couldn't help but be proud at my accomplishments. Although I have so many more goals I want to reach I was really content with here I am now.

It was 9 o'clock and I was still sleeping when my phone began to ring

"ONE TIME FOR THE BIRTHDAY BITCHHHHH AYE" Mac screamed in the FaceTime call.

Mac is one of the most happiest people I've ever met. We met in high school when he was still in the closet. After we became close and I convinced him to come out we've been inseparable since. He tells me all the time I've help him get to the place he's at because I was one of a few people that actually accepted him.

Besides Mac and Trinity, they were basically the only family I had. I don't have a relationship with my mom due to an abundance of reasons, and I wouldn't know my dad if he walked past me on the street. It didn't bother me as much as I used to because of the family I had outside of blood. I had plenty of friends, and Trinity's mom who calls me her daughter so I was happy at the people I have.

I wasn't one of those people that got down about the bad things in life, I just embraced what I had.

"Thanks love, but it's too early to be screaming" I said to Mac.

"I don't care hoe it's your birthday and we were supposed to started celebrating at 12 so get up"

I sluggishly sat up in bed as Mac decided to ramble on about today's fesitivies.

"Lunch at 11. All drinks on me. I can't wait till u see what I got you,you're gonna flip yo shit" Mac said.

I honestly wasn't looking to get any gifts. I had my salon up and running so that was my gift for the year.

"Let me get up and get ready and I'll meet you there." I said to him

"Alright I'm fina hit up Trinity and make sure she has started gettin dressed, that hoe is never on time for anything" Mac said.

We hung up the call and I started to get ready to see what my birthday will bring

At Lunch

It was only 11:30 and I was already on my second Long Island Iced Tea, because in Mac's words, "everything is better when you're drunk" We were currently still waiting on Trinity because as usual, she's late .

"I should've just called her last night and told her start gettin ready then, that hoe would be late to her own funeral" Mac said. I laughed

That's just the way he talked. Bitch,hoe,slut, you name it. He didn't mean any harm that's just how he were. We never took anything serious.

Just as I was about to respond I heard that familiar voice.

"Don't kill me bestie but I have a great reason why I'm late" Trinity said cheesing.

"Girl you were gonna be late anyway" Mac said.

She rolled her eyes playfully.

"I was late because I was getting these" she said cheesing as she handed me an envelope.

Seeing how excited she was had me anxious.

I began to open the envelope to see a birthday card. My smile slightly faded but she didn't notice.

"Don't get discouraged yet open it up" she said

When I opened the card and saw what was inside I squealed.

"OMG BITCH YOU GOT ME TICKETS TO SEE DAVE EAST" I jumped up excitedly.

"Not only tickets, backstage access too" she smiled proudly.

I hugged her so tight. "Thank you bestfriend this is the best birthday gift ever"

"Well damn my little gift is not gonna seem like much" Mac said.

"Oh hush you know I'm thankful for anything I get " I said to Mac reassuring him.

"I got three so all of us will be turning up tonight and we finally get to see that sexy piece of man" she rubbed her hands together like Stevie J.

"Oh well in that case fuck my gift I love you too bestfriend." Mac said as he got up and we all started a group hug.

It's my birthday, I get to see my favorite rapper, and my friends are gonna be with me. Tonight will be epic .