We wanted to forget

So I got home from school and banged my head on the table, once again I was saved. Every time a monster attacked me, lightning would hit the beast and kill it, I wanted to know why. I set my homework on the table, and undid my hair. I let the blonde curls hit my shoulder, I rubbed my eyes and set to work. "Clara!" Mom called, "Ya what do you need?" I asked "Can you run down to the store? I need some milk and eggs." she handed me the money and I walked out the door. We lived down the street from the store, Ya it was a small town. i got to the store and before I walked in a fire truck drove past me. My head began to spin, I thought of my family. I ran after the truck, my heart beating so hard, I felt the pulsing in my ears. I got home and saw the place in flames, I felt tears streaking my face. where was my family! I heard a bedraggled cry for help. Linzy.

I ran to the side of the house past the policemen. I saw Linzy, she was stuck, the window to our room wasn't opening. I panicked. then I saw a branch of a tree, I motioned for her to step back, and I slammed the branch against the window. I helped her out, and we ran into the front, I made her go to the ambulance and I sat down next to her. She was good to go. We sat there crying. the flames where put out...no survivors but Linzy and I. While clean up was going on I looked at Linzy. "Let's run away Linzy. I can't go to the adoption center again, and I don't think you want to go alone" Linzy tried to argue " Linzy" I said " You can go. I am running away." I stood up and started heading toward the bus stop. my mom.................let's just say she gave me $1,000. correction her whole wallet. 

"wait for me" Linzy said. together we ran, we ran until we couldn't any more. We wanted to forget.

The ring is the one I got from my dad at Christmas time ~ Clara