"It's to sweeten you up."

The party was loud. I could hardly hear Sian's shouts of glee as we weaved through the heaving crowd. Everyone was screaming at each other and I had already seen a couple of girls from our year passed out on the pavement outside. Others could be seen crying on the shoulder of some strange boy, who was trying to kiss their sick covered faces. The alcohol in my system began to take hold.

Maybe this hadn't been such a good idea.

Sian began to dance and I did too; I didn't want to be the only one to be standing there looking like a complete lemon. Through the heads of different people, I saw Niall standing talking to Kylie. She was running her fingers through his dark hair and he looked mildly disinterested.

Niall had kept his distance since I had accused him of wanting sex. I guess I had offended him. But I couldn't really be blamed for thinking that that was all he wanted. He had been having sex with a stranger in my garden, for fucks' sake. I looked around and saw that Sian had vanished. I panicked for a moment; if I didn't know where she was, then how was I meant to get home.

Then I spotted her shoving her tongue down someone's throat. I was relieved but a bit pissed that she had just decided to leave me there on my own; it had been her idea to come here in the first place. She knew that I hated big crowds and loud noises. I walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She reluctantly pulled her lips away from Rick's and glared at me.

"Kinda busy here, Evie," she shouted. I opened my mouth to say something but she cut me off. "Go and have some fun; stop being such a frigid bitch!"

She was drunk; I knew it and she knew it but it still hurt all the same. I backed away from her and Rick. I wanted to go home. Frigid bitch. She had practically begged me to come here and now she was telling me to get lost. Fine, I would. Drunk out of my head, the room was beginning to spin. I was reminded why I never drank.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned and looked up into Niall's deep blue eyes. He had a beer in his hand and he gave me one of those knee buckling smiles. I returned it. I loved the warm feeling I had in my stomach, which was partly to do with the several shots of vodka I had downed at Sian's house.

"I forgive you for being a bitch, Mckenzie!" he roared. I just kept smiling like an eejit. At least I hadn't thrown up on him...the night was young.

I didn't care for the reasons for his sudden acceptance of my apology or why I was forgiven; I just wanted him. I didn't care that I was in a room full of people. It was like I was wearing rose tinted glasses; he suddenly looked even better looking than he did in reality.

His lips looked so soft and right now, it didn't really matter that he was the Irish Shagger. Right now, all that mattered was that his equipment was fully functioning. I reached up on my tiptoes and kissed him lightly on the lips. He was well up for it. He kissed me back and dragged me back through the crowd. We reached the door and he opened it, pulling me through.

Niall pushed me against the wall and his lips crashed onto mine. He pushed his tongue into my mouth and I kissed him back. I fumbled with the zip of his trousers. He drew away from me and looked me in the eyes.

Sian's words echoed in my head. Frigid bitch.

"Not here, Evie," he breathed. He took my hand again and took me down the pavement. He was taking me to his house.

I was about to shag the Irish Shagger.

We walked the whole way back, me tottering in heels that were too high and him trying to make sure that I didn't fall down and break anything i.e. my ankle. He set me on his garden wall and looked at me. His face was half in shadow in the moonlight.