"I've been followin' you, Evie."

"I still don't see it," Niall muttered, turning the picture upside down. I rolled my eyes and took it from his hands.

"There's the head," I pointed out, "and there's the body." Realisation dawned on Niall's face and he took the sonogram picture from me. He was smiling to himself like someone who had just won the lottery. He placed it on his bedside cabinet.

To say I was glad was a vast understatement. I was so relieved that I thought that I was going to have to pinch myself just to wake up. Niall hadn't shut up with the, "I told you so's," ever since we had got out of the lift. He had practically danced out into the car park and into his car. It would have been quite sweet if he hadn't been shouting at the top of his voice.

Niall turned back to me, this huge grin plastered all over his face. He was about to kiss me when his phone vibrated. I reached over and took it out of his pocket, reading his message for him. Then I looked up and glared.

"Is this picture still going around?" I sighed, passing him his mobile. He looked at it and rolled his eyes, muttering something about Billy getting hold of it. The truth was, Sian hadn't been the same since her night out with Gary. And who could blame her. Gone was the sparky and confident best friend I had known, and in her place, was a shell of her former self. She had stopped making an effort with her appearance and she no longer drooled after boys that she fancied. Mostly, she kept to herself, only speaking when spoken to.

If I was completely honest, I missed her.

"Can't you do something to stop them?" I asked Niall, watching as he deleted the picture.

"Evie, do you know how many people this has been sent to?" he demanded. "There really is nothing I can do."

I frowned. Sian didn't deserve this. Okay, she had pulled some pretty nasty stunts but nobody deserved this. Even Kylie, the girl who thought that Chlamydia was a nice name for a baby girl, didn't deserve to have something like this done to her. Well, actually, scratch that; I didn't care what happened to her, but it actually made me feel physically sick when I saw that my best friend had been reduced to wanking material for spotty perverts.

"I should go and see my mum," I mumbled, getting to my feet. Niall rose with me, a concerned look on his face.

"Is this because I said I couldn't do anything?" he asked. It would sound stupid if I said yes, I was majorly pissed that he wasn't going to even attempt to confront his friends, so I just shook my head.

"I told her that I would let her know how it went," I said, walking to the door. Niall followed.

"I'll come with you."

"No," I objected sharply. "You go and...see Billy or something." I said Billy's name with as much venom as I could, making it perfectly clear that I wasn't happy. Niall sighed and stayed where he was standing as I walked down the stairs. I could hear my Auntie Francis laughing in the kitchen with Declan. It would be very interesting to see where this so-called "relationship" was going. From what I could tell, Declan was a decent enough guy; he was kind and genuine, a million miles away from Niall's cocky hard man act. And my Auntie Francis, well...in short, she was a slag. But they seemed to be pretty content in each other's company as of late. Even mum was coming round to the idea. But it was going to be a cold day in hell when I started calling Declan my Uncle. Tommy thought it was ridiculous - "He's nearly young enough to be your son, Auntie Francis!" - and he had made it crystal clear that he was not having anything to do with her cougar tendencies.

I left the house and walked around to our side of the fence. I had just made it up the steps and was turning the key in the lock, when someone called out my name. I turned and saw Kai walking towards me as fast as his short legs would carry him. His face was red from the effort and he was huffing and puffing like he had just run a marathon.