"Did you just call me fat?"

I stood with my finger on Niall's doorbell. I was hoping that he had been like me and not bothered going back to school; his car was in the driveway, after all. The cat was meowing inside and heavy footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs. I peered through the frosted glass of the door.

"What do you want?" Niall sighed, poking head through the door. He looked like he had been sleeping; his eyes were bloodshot and his hair was messy. I pushed aforementioned door open and barged into his house. He was going to listen to what I had to say, whether he liked it or not. Niall rolled his eyes.

"Come in," he muttered to himself, closing the front door. He turned to look at me, folding his arms across his chest. Now that I was face to face with him, it seemed to be a lot harder to tell him what I was thinking. It wasn't that he was intimidating, because it had been a long time since I had been intimidated by someone like him. It was more the fact that he was so God damn gorgeous. I mentally slapped myself and continued to fix him with a cold glare.

"What do you want?" he asked again, leaning against the wall. I looked him up and down, stalling for time. He was in his socks and he, like me, hadn't changed out of his school uniform. He made a move towards the door.

"I'm keeping it," I blurted out. Niall whipped around to look at me. "I know what it's like not to be wanted; it felt kind of hypocritical."

"So what now?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders. This hadn't been one of my more thought out plans I had to admit, I was at a bit of a loss as to what I was suppose to say.

"Well, you should...probably tell your mum," I suggested, my voice faltering. "I mean, I've told mine and...she took it okay." The surprise was very apparent in my voice.

"Really?"

"Well, we are talking about the woman who confused an eating disorder with pregnancy," I said, a small smile creeping over my face. Niall snorted at me.

"Eating disorder? That's a good one," he muttered under his breath.

"Excuse me?" I snapped, narrowing my eyes at him. "Did you just call me fat?"

"Did I use the word fat?"

I wanted to hit him. Hard. How was I meant to have a kid with this prick if I couldn't even have a conversation with him? Him, standing there with his prickish attitude trying to act all macho. What a wanker.

I sighed and walked to the door. As I pulled on the handle, Niall cleared his throat.

"I'll tell my mum tonight," he said. "Unless you want to stay around for the fireworks because I could think of a lot of things we could do to wait." He raised his eyebrows at me.

"You're an ass," I said, shaking my head. I opened the door and walked out into the sunlight. I knew that mum would be watching from the window, seeing how much I was pushing him away. It was okay for her; she wasn't having the spawn of the Shagger. He gave me a patronising wave and watched as I went into my own garden. Eurgh, I hated him, I actually wanted him to crawl into the road and get hit by an oncoming 4X4.

I opened our own door, ignoring the fact that Niall still hadn't gone back into his house. I heard mum jump up from her seat and run out into the hallway. She had an expectant smile on her face, which disappeared when she saw the look on mine.

"Don't be sending out the wedding invitations just yet," I said in a menacing whisper, and with that, I went back up the stairs. It thought, as a whole, this morning had been the productive I had had in a long time.

****

I went back to sleep; recently, that was all I was good for. I dreamt that I got attacked my a giant jar of peanut butter and fought it off with a feather duster. It was certainly different. But I was rudely awoken by the sound of tapping. My eyes flew open and I grabbed the nearest thing to come to hand, which turned out to be...my brother's metal detector? How the fuck-