"I'm gonnae get yeh."

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Niall asked, pulling on a t-shirt. I nodded for the millionth time, rolling my eyes at him. He shook his head in mock despair and sat down on the bed. I was lying there, wearing my pyjamas. He traced the pattern on the trousers, a thoughtful smile on his face.

"What?" I asked, cocking my head at him.

"I'm just thinking about how I'd rather spend tonight with you," he admitted, licking his lips. I laughed and pushed him away, rolling off of the bed.

"Go and get drunk, Niall," I told him, walking over to my wardrobe. "Besides, I'm going out with Sian and Jen tonight."

"Ah, the gruesome twosome," he muttered, standing behind me with his hands over my stomach. "Enough to make any man run for the hills." I slapped him playfully and tried to look for something to wear.

"Don't be such a prick," I scolded, pulling out a pair of jeans.

"Well," he said, kissing me on the head, "I still haven't got round to forgiving them for leaving you in that fire, darling."

"Niall, that was a month ago," I murmured. "Maybe you should let it go?" Niall shook his head stubbornly and I giggled, throwing the jeans down on my bed. I turned and wrapped my arms around his neck, crushing my lips to his.

"Well if this is the goodbye I get, maybe I should leave more often," he teased.

"Don't you dare," I replied in the same teasing tone. He grinned at me before pulling his phone from inside his pocket and looking at the time. Then he looked back to me with a disappointed look on his face.

"I've got to go," he mumbled reluctantly. "But phone me when you need a lift home."

"I thought you were going out boozing," I said distractedly, going back to my clothes hunting.

"Nah, I'll leave that to Billy; I've got a feeling I'll be the designated driver tonight." The thought of him as any sort of designated driver made me snigger and, moments later, Niall had grabbed me by the waist and had whirled me around to look at him. I bit my lip, smiling up at him.

"What's so funny about that?" he demanded jokingly. I shrugged, popping my lips.

"Nothing," I whispered. "Absolutely nothing." Niall growled and kissed me quickly again, before walking towards the door.

"I love you," he called, leaving the room.

"Love you too," I shouted after him. I listened to him slamming the door behind him and then, smiling to myself, went back to trying to get dressed. I had only changed into my pyjamas because my school trousers were starting to get a bit tight over my stomach. I mean, they had always been a bit big; I was sort of known for having to haul up my clothes because they fell down, but now the shoe was on the other foot, and I hated it.

Once I had decided what I was wearing, I turned back to the messy pile that I had created on the rumpled bedclothes. I pulled off my pyjama bottoms and started to get dressed but, as much as I strained and swore, there was no way in hell that these jeans were going to fasten up. I flopped down on the bed in defeat, groaning. Oh God, this was it; I was finally at the stage where I would have to buy maternity clothes. This was catastrophic. I actually felt like I was going to cry. I was officially fat and frumpy. I rubbed my stomach.

"This is all your fault, Peanut," I growled, looking up the ceiling. Niall was out with Billy and his friends doing something for Billy's eighteenth, which meant that I was going to the cinema with Sian and Jen. Well, I was supposed to be but given the fact that I could no longer fit into my jeans, meant that I was going to have to find something else to wear.