"I ask for protection, and you give me hairspray?"

"Why do we need so many blankets?" I asked, helping to throw them into the boot of the car. Niall grinned as he jammed in the tent.

"Because," he said, testing the door to see if it would shut, "you're always cold. And I don't really want to be woken up by you in the middle of the night, ranting at me because it's my fault." He pinched my cheek and then opened the boot again, pushing everything back as far as it would go. I sighed, picking up a box of food and passing it to him.

Sian was meant to be here helping, but she had texted half an hour ago saying that she was tied up with something. Niall and I had both hazarded a guess that that "something" was none other than Billy. So we had been left to pack up the car with numerous tents and sleeping bags. How we were going to fit everyone in was beyond me; there were going to be nine of us. In a five seat car. Was I the only one to see the issues with this?

Niall slammed the boot shut and leaned against the car, wiping his brow with the back of his hand. I rubbed my eyes and placed a hand on my stomach. His eyes were instantly drawn to it and he straightened up immediately.

"Are you alright?" he asked, nervousness in his voice. I rolled my eyes, nodding. I was surprised that I was even being allowed to come on this trip; I might've accidently killed myself by walking into a tree or something. But then I was reminded that Denny was still walking around and perhaps Niall had reason to be concerned. But I was hopeful. Denny hadn't contacted me since the incident in the toilets; perhaps being taken in by the police had acted as a deterrent.

"I'm fine," I replied, taking hold of his hands. I cocked my head to the side, looking up at him. He bent down and kissed me softly, resting his forehead against mine.

"We don't have to go camping if you're not up for it," he mumbled gently, his hands finding my bump.

"What? And miss spending the weekend with your friends and their jokes?" I teased, laughing. "How would I survive?" Niall snorted and kissed my nose.

"Just as long you don't do anything stupid while we're there."

Me? Do something stupid? I would never do something that would endanger my life. It was like he didn't know me at all! I was about to respond to it, when Niall jumped, his eyes wide. He looked down at my stomach with curiosity.

"He kicked," he breathed in disbelief. I smiled meekly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. Baby Peanut gave another few jabs, while Niall grinned in amazement, his hand staying firmly on my abdomen. The way this kid was going on, he was going to be a footballer.

When I mentioned this to Niall, he let out a short laugh.

"Just as long as he's not a rugby player." Apparently, the fire at the rugby club was still a bit fresh in his mind.

Baby Peanut stopped with his morning exercises and Niall's hand slid away from my bump, sighing.

"What?" I asked as he leaned back against the car.

"I'm just thinking," he muttered, not looking at me. I was about to ask what he could possibly thinking about that would make him suddenly so miserable, when Sian came hurting towards me, seemingly out of nowhere. She was out of breath from running, and her cheeks were flushed red.

"I've...got...to...hide," she panted, bending over as she tried to catch her breath. Without thinking, I opened the back door of the car and she scrambled in, lying horizontally across the back seat. Niall's eyebrows were raised as he peered through his window. Sian stuck her finger up at him and then pressed it to her lips.

Moments later, a short, balding man jogged past, his expression furious. He caught sight of Niall and me and came towards us, waving a fat finger. Niall instinctively stood in front of me but there was no way that I was missing this.