"I never wanted to drag you into this."

I looked up at Niall, watching his face go through a mixture of emotions. At first, he looked like he was going to lie to me. Then, it seemed as though he was going to try and defend whatever the hell he had been doing. And after that, he seemed to accept that the game was well and truly up. He sighed and closed the door behind him, turning to gaze at me. I had never seen him look so nervous. What the hell had he managed to get himself into?

"What've you been doing?" I asked, making the question seem light and breezy but at the same time, my tone sounded icy and foreboding. Niall mouthed wordlessly before shaking his head and licking his lips.

"Evie, I swear to God; I'm not using," he said, taking a step towards me. I leaned back slightly and he stopped, running his hand through his dark hair.

"Then why are these," I shook the bag in front of him, "in your room?" Niall tilted his head back so that he was looking at the ceiling, putting his hand to his head. Eventually, he looked back to me, his eyes sad. He didn't even need to say it; I knew what was coming. I shook my head, looking away from him.

"You've been dealing?" I murmured, my voice coming out raspy. The lack of a response told me that I was right.

"You weren't meant to find out this way," he mumbled. I let out a derisive laugh, a pained smile crossing my face.

"What?" I snapped. "You mean you were going to tell me anyway? That would be a great conversation, Niall; "Alright, Evie? Just to let you know, I've been dealing drugs as a Saturday job. Hope you're okay with that. Now that it's out of the way, let's have sex." Yeah, thank you so much, you knob!"

Niall's sharp intake of breath told me that what I was saying had hit him hard. I glanced at him but he wasn't looking at me. Instead, his shoes had taken his interest. I bit my lip, unsure of what to say to him. I didn't know what to do. Why couldn't there be a nifty little handbook for things like this? At least I could be glad for one thing; he wasn't using. But he was still handing them out to people like an ice cream man. Only these ice creams danced on the fine line of killing someone and letting them live.

"I'm not going to shout," I whispered, running my fingers over my stomach. "I'm not going to tell you that you're being stupid and an idiot. I just want to know why." His head shot up and he just stared at me

"Why?" he said, seemingly taken aback by what I was saying.

"Yeah," I breathed. "Why?"

He sat down on the bottom of his bed, his face pale. Then he turned to look at me, his eyes wide and glassy. He reached for my hand, which I let him take but I didn't say anything, just waiting for his response.

"You can't really say no to my da'" he said, his voice croaky. "I mean, I tried but... It's just a one off, Evie, I promise. I'm not going down the same road as him." My lip trembled as I tried to form words. "I mean, I did it in Ireland just because I was scared of him but I thought...being here; it would be different. And I have you and I...I don't want to do anything to lose what we have and-"

"Stop," I said abruptly, taking my hand from his and rubbing my temples. See, this was why I hated Christmas. Everything just comes and dumps itself on you and your left picking up the pieces. In the space of six hours, I had received a dead bird, had a crying session, felt my baby move and found drugs in my boyfriend's room. This could only happen at Christmas. Eurgh, I had a headache from all this drama.

"I want you to stop doing it," I muttered. "I want you to tell your dad that you're not going to do it anymore. And if you ever go back on that, I'm gone. I will kick your ass to the curb, Niall because I don't need this in my life. I don't need you getting arrested for dealing drugs.