Flashback

I just have to say I really struggled with the math problem lol. So if its wrong don't kill me :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can anyone answer the question on the board?" I hear my 5th grade teacher ask the class and I snap out of my thoughts. I look at the board and read the question. If one car is driving 50mph from the west and one car is driving from the east 65mph and they are 120 miles apart how long until they run into each other. Instantly I come up with the answer. I pretty much suck at math but cars is something I know about. I raise my hand and the teacher calls on me. "That would depend on what type of road they were on. Are there traffic lights? Cross walks? Are they on a highway? Is there traffic? Is there a lot of turns where they need to slow down? Or are they on a straight road?" The teacher looks at me like she didn't even think of these details. I smirk, cross my arms, and lean back. Even though I'm only in 5th grade I've already been named the "bad girl".

Behind me I hear someone slowly start to clap. I look back and see it's Dominic Torreto. His friend Vince also starts slowly clapping. I feel myself blush and turn back to the teacher. The teacher stops starring at me and looks at the boys. They stop but not before one of them whistles. The teacher looks at me. "For arguments sake lets say it is a highway that goes straight and no one else is on the road." I nod my head. "Well first of all we live in LA the roads are never empty but whatever. Second of all if they are on the highway they would probably never run into each other due to the fact they are on a highway and the two sides of the roads have a divider between them. Third of all it would depend on if they needed to stop for gas, food, etc. But if we say they didn't need to stop the car going west is going about 0.8 miles per minute and the car going east is going a little more than 1mile per minute. Than going 120 miles at 50mph would take about 2hours and 16 minutes and going 120 miles at 65miles an hour would take about 1 hour and 59 minutes. When you average those two numbers together you get about 2 hours and 27 minutes. Your answer is 2 hours and 27 minutes."

I say and again smirk and lean back. The teacher again looks at me dumbfounded then looks through his notes. He looks back and forth between me and his notes than tells me I'm correct. "Say here." He tells the class. "I'll be right back." He says as leaves closing the door behind him. "Give it up for the girl who made the teacher look like an idiot." I hear Dom say from the back. Everyone starts clapping a few people even got up and high fived him. Dom is one of those people you listen to cause if you don't you might get your but kicked.

I turn around meaning to say thanks. Instead I say "That girl who made the teacher look like an idiot has a name you know." I see his face and it looks like I'm the only one other than his mother who has snapped at him. His buddy Vince also looks at me shocked. I turn back around and notice the room has gone very very quite. I look to the left and see my best friend and partner in crime Ashley smirk. The teacher comes back with two other people I don't recognize. The teacher points me out to them and they ask me to meet them in the hall. On my way out the door I see Dominic is still watching me I give him one last smirk before walking out the door.