The Races Part 2

I find him standing by his car like he is waiting for me. "I'm in." I tell him and he nods his head. "The race is a quarter of a mile. Go up two blocks then circle around and come back." He tells me and I nod my head. "I got this." I tell him sure of myself. He nods his head smiling knowing I am telling the truth. I'm not the type of person who gets scared about little things. Or big things for that matter. I guess I just don't really get all that scared.

"You'll do fine." Dom tells me reassuringly. "Thanks." I tell him with a smile. I trust Dom. If I didn't I wouldn't be racing tonight. Plus I know he cares to mush about his cars to put one of them in a place where he thought they might get damaged. The fact he is letting me use his car says a lot. "How's Ashley?" I ask him honestly curious. I mean she just started last night. How good could she be? "Lets just say she hasn't had enough practice behind the wheel." I can't tell if he actually means that or he is just saying that because he knows that what I want to hear. But either way is fine with me.

"Starting in a few. Line up if you are racing." I hear someone call out from somewhere in the parking lot. "That's me." I say and Dom opens the drivers side door. I climb in and start the car. Dom leans on the car door. "Hey? Do me a favor and win. Ok?" He asks me seriously. "You know I will." I tell him and he laughs. He starts to stand up then leans back down. "Try not to wreak my car in the process." He says and this time I laugh. "Your car and I will both be fine." I tell him. "Oh I know you will be fine. It would take a hell of a lot to hurt you. I'm more worried about my car." He says jokingly as he stands up. He is about to close the door when he leans down again and I sigh. "Don't use all the NOS or you might blow yourself up." He tells me and I roll my eyes. "I know." I say and he laughs and stands up again. This time he closes the door and walks away.

I press down on the gas while holding down the break to let people know I'm about to pull out. Once everyone moves I pull out and drive out of the parking lot. I pull on to the street and up next to another car already there. They roll there window down and I can see the guys eyebrows are raised. I realize he might think I'm Dom. In which case I could see why he would be surprised. Dom almost never races the first race. I roll down the window and the guy's eyebrows raise even higher. I guess he did think I was Dom.

"How's it going?" I ask him and can see he is still in shock. "Uh.. Fine. Who are you? Dom's girlfriend?" He asks me like that's the only way I could possibly be using his car. I shake my head. "Just a friend of his. Leticia. I come here at least once a week. I don't remember seeing you here before." I say and I can't read his expression. "I came here last night. That was my car." He tells me as if that explains everything. I guess it does. Behind me I see Vince's car. I sigh knowing it's Ashley. "You know her?" The guys asks from the other car and I nod my head. "She was here last night. She was kind of bitchy." I nod my head. "She didn't used to be like that." I tell him as she pulls up on the other side of me. Why did she have to choose this side? Why couldn't she have gone on the other side of that guy? I hear her roll down her window and I ignore her turning back towards the guy. "You never told me your name." I say and I hear her sigh on the other side of me. I continue to ignore her and the guy tries not to smile. I can tell he is enjoying the drama. "Luke." he tells me and a car pulls up on the other side of him.

Instantly the person rolls the window down and I see that it's Josh. Like Dom, Vince, Ashley, and I Josh comes here a lot. "What took you so long?" I ask him and he laughs. "I see you and Dom finally go together." "Jeez why does everyone think that? I'm only borrowing his car. God." Josh raised his eyebrows and I hear Ashley clear her throat. "Hey Ash." Josh says probably thinking she is trying to get his attention. I don't know if she acknowledges him or not. I notice the two guys start talking and I wonder where Hector is. "Letica!" I hear Ashley practically yell. I slowly turn towards her. "What do you want?" I ask her crossing my arms. "I wanted to tell you that you might want to back out now. Because I will not hesitate to crash into you hard enough for you to die." I can't help but widen my eyes at her. I don't know what happened to her. I don't really believe that she would do that but still.