The Next Day

Last night after Dom and I left Torreto's he drove me home. When I got home I noticed that the guy from eariler was gone. My mom was asleep and I pretty much just changed and went to bed. The next morning when I woke up to the very annoying sound of my alarm I almost forgot about all the drama. But as I got out of bed I remembered everything that happened. I sigh just as my mom opens the door. "I just came to make sure you were up." She tells me and I don't really pay attention. "Mija are you ok?" She asks me sitting on the edge of my bed while I open my closet. I sigh again and shrug my shoulders. I turn around and face her. "I don't think you will be seeing Ashley anymore." I tell her and a look of understanding comes over her face. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asks me and I shake my head. "Alright well if you decide you want to....." She says as she gets up from my bed. 

      "Coffee and breakfast will be ready in five." She tels me as she leaves the room. I take a deep breath and go back to figuring out what I want to wear. Maybe I shouldn't go to school today. I mean I'm pretty sure mom would let me stay home but, do I want to? I figure I should get dressed while I try to make up my mind. I decide on a pink long sleve shirt and ripped black leggings. I quickly get changed and head downstairs still unsure of what to do. I find my mom sitting at the kitchen island. She is reading the newspaper and drinking her coffee. I poir myself a cup and sit next to her. "French toast will be out of the oven in a minute." She tells me and I nod my head. 

      I start thinking about last night. I remember Luke and wonder if he will come back after that whole fiasco. I also remember that I never got to race. I'm pretty pissed about that. Then I think about Dom and I hanging out last night and about him protevting me. Somtimes I wonder if it could ever be more between him and I, but other times it seems like all we will ever be is friends. Then there was Luke who was nice and helpful and I'm really losing my mind. My mom places a plate in front of me. "Do I have to go to school today?" I whine basically sounding like I am three again. 

       "I guess you don't have to. As long as your grades are ok, I guess its not a big deal to skip one day." I hear a car horn from out front. "Shit!" I say and my mom gives me a look. "Sorry." I tell her. I totally forgot today was Friday. Fridays Dom picks me up and drives me to school and after school I go work at Torretto's. "Tell him to come in." My mom says as I get up. "There is plenty of extra French toast." She yells as I leave the room. 

      I quickly go outside and knock on the car window. He rolls the window down. "Hey. I'm not ready yet." I tell him and he jokingly shakes his head. "Come in though. My mom french toast." I tell him and I hear Mia in the back. "Move the seat." She tells him. Mia loves my mom's french toast. Dom laughs and the two of them get out of the car. I go back to the house and see the two of them following behind me. 

      We go inside and I point them towards the kitchen and run upstairs to grab my bag. I get upstairs and quickly shove my books and stuff into a bag. Hoping I go everything I grab my boots and run down stairs. I head to the kitchen and see Mia and Dom sitting at the island eating. I quickly dump whats left of my coffee into a to go cup and then fill the rest with coffee from the pot. I grab y plate from the island and shove the rest of my food into my mouth. I put my plate in the sink and turn towards the two of them. 

        "Ready?" I ask them and Dom gets up but Mia ignores me and continues to eat. "Come on Mia." Dom tells her and Mia gets up clearly not happy. "We're leaving." I yell to my mom as we leave. The three of us get into the car and pull out of the drive way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I want to apologize for updating for a while. I got a new computer for Christmas and lost my password.

Second I want to apologize for this being a short and crappy chapter. I wrote this in like thirty minutes and wanted to update.

Third for anyone who has been reading for a while thanks for your patience.

Fourth please comment with any ideas you may have.