Chapter 23

Melody POV.

I'm sat in my room.

Completely mentally drained.

I've been eating.

I haven't been cutting.

I should be proud of myself really, but I'm not. I'm stopping myself from being perfect.

I can feel myself getting bigger and bigger each day and Demi just isn't seeing how that's affecting me. Yes it's a good thing I'm eating but she's forgotten the affect its having on me mentally.

It's driving me crazy.

I have to get out of these four walls, I'm feeling trapped by my own thoughts.

I know if I stay here I'll do something I'll probably regret.

I don't want to let Demi down, despite the fact she's the one preventing me from feeding my daemons.

I want to be angry at her and resent her. But I can't.

She means too much.

So against my better judgment I lift myself off my bed and head off downstairs.

I can hear Demi laughing at something. I follow the sound of her laughter and make my way into the living room where Demi is sat on the sofa.

She pats the free space next to her and I comply and sit beside her.

Now I can tell what she's laughing at.

Millie is toddling around all over the place in the cutest Halloween costume. Demi has dressed her in an adorable pumpkin costume and Millie was attempting to dance around in it.

"Ermm Demi. Why's Millie a pumpkin?"

"Because Wilmer and I are throwing a Halloween party this weekend and I wanted to try her costume on. How cute is that?" She giggled, not taking her eyes off her daughter.

"Wilmer's coming home?" I asked

"He's coming on Thursday night and leaving on Sunday evening" she told me

I instantly felt happier. I'd obviously missed Wilmer more than I thought I had.

"What do you want to dress up as?" She asked me

"Nothing"

Her head whipped round to face me, she had a look of horror on her face.

"What!!!"

"I don't like Halloween" I said simply

"You've never experienced it with me that's why. I'm gonna make it fun and exciting for you. And you have to dress up, it's the law"

"But I don't want to" I whined

"Tough. I'm not giving you a choice"

"Demi please"

"No. You're dressing up and that's the end of it. Now come here and give me a cuddle, I've hardly seen you today you've been up in your room"

I did as she asked and cuddled up to her on the sofa.

Millie came over and Demi pulled her up onto her lap and the three of us sat there and watched hocus pocus.

During the film Millie fell asleep on Demi's chest with her dummy in her mouth.

"Melody?" Demi said seriously after the film had ended.

Still cuddled up to her side I looked up to face her.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine" I told her

She raised her eyebrows, she wasn't convinced with my answer.

"The truth please"

"Demi I'm ok. I promise" I lied

"You'd tell me if something was bothering you right?"

"Yeah of course."

I did feel bad for lying to her because she's done so much for me but how do I tell her that she's the one making me feel bad?

A/n

GIVING YOU AN UPDATE TODAY BECAUSE I'M ONE YEAR CLEAN AND RECOVERED FROM BULIMIA.

I DONT TALK ABOUT IT ALOT BUT I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF.

IT JUST PROVES THAT WITH HARD WORK ANYBODY CAN DO IT

WRITING MY STORIES AND SPEAKING TO YOU GUYS HAS HELPED ME SO MUCH SO THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING.

So back to business:

What should happen at the Halloween party?????