Chapter 1 - The Hellhound's Extinguisher

Chapter 1

Alayna Drydon had her legs crossed whilst she tapped her fingers on the table. AP Biology bored the hell out of her so she killed time by observing the other werewolf who was in the same room as her. Liam Dunbar. She was aware that he was Scott McCall's, the true alpha's, beta. Also, she knew that they were the reason why the person that Alayna considered as a father...died.

If only Scott and that girl, Malia, did not ask for Deucalion's guidance to fight the army of hunters, Deucalion would not have been showered with bullets and Alayna's adoptive father would still be alive.

Alayna was there when it happened. She was in the shadows and she was good in masking her presence as a werewolf. Liam not knowing that she was of the same kind was enough proof of that. Even before, Scott and the rest of his pack were clueless about what she really was.

*Flashback*

When Scott and his pack left, Alayna walked to where Deucalion was, with every step like a thousand needles pricking her body. She kneeled beside Deucalion who opened his eyes, "I knew that you were here. I...needed to pretend that I was entirely dead so they would go away...." Alayna felt Deucalion's struggle to complete the sentence. Deucalion had a way to know if Alayna was there even if she was masking her presence very well.

"You can still be healed," Alayna attempted to place Deucalion's arm around her shoulder but Deucalion pulled away. "P—Please. I can't lose you like this,"

"I' m dying..." Deucalion coughed. "...but you're still alive. I want you to do it, Alayna. Do it for me,"

"No," Alayna shook her head.

However, Deucalion left her no choice when he grabbed her right wrist. Deucalion always had the ability to summon Alayna's claws by gripping her wrist and that was what he did. In an instant, Deucalion dug Alayna's claws to where his heart was located which made Alayna scream.

Alayna's eyes turned to a different shade of red as she howled through the night. She knew that Deucalion loved her like she was his biological daughter. Even with Deucalion's last dying breath, the former Alpha of the Alphas was still able to transfer his power to Alayna, the last member of the Alpha pack.

*End of Flashback*

Alayna saw how Scott almost cried at Deucalion's death...but Scott did not see how Alayna wept that night.

Now, Alayna was thinking of how she was going to make Scott McCall suffer.

***

Alayna opened the door to her locker and shaving cream surprised her when it made a mess on her top and all the way down to the floor. Yes, the Alpha was a target of bullies in Beacon Hills High School because everybody thought that she was a freak who talked to no one. She heard giggles behind her and when she turned around, two popular juniors revealed that they were the ones who pulled the prank that they were not in the least guilty of.

The world made it not enough for Alayna to lose Deucalion because even as a senior, the world wanted the juniors to bully her too.

Alayna was tired and the pain of losing a father clouded her judgement.

Before, Ethan and Aiden were jealous of how level-headed she was...but she knew that she could not keep her composure any longer when she marched her way to the two juniors. Alayna grabbed both of the girls' heads and slammed it on the lockers until they bled.

'Not enough,' Alayna thought. The two fell on the ground, slightly unconscious. Alayna grabbed the brunette and punched her on the face a couple of times until she was sure that she broke her nose. The blonde junior that was with her? Alayna stomped her right foot multiple times on her face, wanting to break her skull into a million pieces.

Alayna mustered her strength into her last blow. She did not care if she would kill the two girls. It would be easy for her to get away from Beacon Hills, away from the heartache that this place had caused her. She could contact Ethan to set her up to a place in London. She wanted to get away from Beacon Hills and since she was raised by a killer, it was not that difficult for her to do so.

Before her foot landed on the blonde's face, two students grabbed both of her arms and pulled her away. "What are you doing?!" she turned to her left side and saw Corey, a boy from her class who she knew had a relationship with that intelligent boy named Mason.

"You could've killed them!" On her right side was Liam who was slightly using his werewolf strength to pull Alayna away. Liam had no idea why the girl in a few of his classes was this strong. He knew her as someone who was shy and quiet. He never thought that Alayna would have had the guts to make a scene as big as this one.

"What the hell is happening here?!" one of the teachers, Natalie Martin, made her way through the crowd. "Oh my God!" Natalie immediately checked the juniors' pulses and breathed a sigh of relief when it came to the realization that both of the students were unconscious, but still alive.

***

Alayna was not brought to the principal's office but straight to the Beacon County Sheriff Station. The Sheriff was out to examine a dead body somewhere in Beacon Hills and would not be back for at least an hour.

"Fortunately, the Sheriff has allowed me to take your statement," Jordan Parrish sat on his desk as he interviewed the girl who sat opposite him. From what he knew, the two juniors that Alayna Drydon beat up were in the hospital so he would not be able to take their statements.

"I beat them up and I don't regret it," was all Alayna said, her British accent was thick and audible, the same accent that Deucalion had.

"Why is that?"

"They put shaving cream in my locker and bullied me for years,"

"Rea—Wha—I find that hard to believe," Jordan could not believe his ears. Even as a few years older than the senior high school student, he could not help but admire her beauty. Alayna looked beautiful but it was the persona that made her unapproachable and bullied. She had long and wavy dark brown hair that went down her waist, her natural ice blue eyes that seemed to pierce through souls, and her build was amazing as she stood five foot nine with the thickness all in the right places. "Um—is there anyone coming for you? They might press charges,"

Alayna noticed that Jordan was staring and that made her raise an eyebrow at the green-eyed deputy in front of her. "My father's dead and I have no family left," Alayna stood up. She lived in a condo without a person waiting for her in it. Sure, she had the fortune since Deucalion left her with at least $50 million in bearer bonds upon inheritance...but Alayna would throw the fortune away for Deucalion's life. Unfortunately, that was not possible. "You can keep me in a locked cell but I need to smoke outside first. You can come with me, Parrish. Maybe as a Hellhound, you can light up my cigarette."