Chapter 5 - The Hellhound's Extinguisher

Chapter 5

"It's you..." Derek Hale was astounded the moment that Alayna Drydon walked inside the room. Even as a few years older than when Derek first saw her, he could recognize Alayna. Derek knew of no one with piercing ice blue eyes such as hers. He was clueless about her name, but he knew her when he had seen her before Deucalion turned blind. Alayna was still a child back then. How time flew by that Derek had now seen her all grown up. "I—I'm sorry for your loss,"

"Do you know her, Derek?" Scott asked. He wanted to choke Derek for answers. Scott had been up all night thinking about Alayna's alpha eyes. He was positive that he had seen those eyes somewhere before. "Who is she?"

"Deucalion's daughter," Derek informed the pack.

"What? Deucalion has a daughter?" Malia had her eyes widened. Even if she had not known Deucalion for a long time, she never expected the man to have had a daughter. Deucalion never really struck Malia as a family person. She could not help but wonder if Deucalion was more of a psycho than her own father, Peter Hale.

"Had. My father's dead, remember?" Alayna corrected Malia with a sharp tone obvious in her voice. Her aura completely changed. Judging from Alayna's atmosphere, Scott and his pack knew that it was better not to ask any more questions about Deucalion.

"I think that we should discuss on how to defeat those water nymphs for now," the Sheriff changed the topic to a more important one. He handed us a paper with a list of female names on it. "Here is the list of the women who decided to move to Beacon Hills one to six months ago. We are unable to narrow it down because we can't exactly determine who the water nymphs are. Additionally, there are more than twenty women listed in there,"

"My mom told me that there's a new woman working as a nurse in the hospital," Scott told the others. "I heard that she has attracted all the single male nurses, doctors, and patients in there. Can you determine if the person is a water nymph just by looking?" The last question was directed to Alayna since she was the only one knowledgeable about the water nymphs. "Also do water nymphs only affect single men?"

"They can't affect men who are in love with someone," Alayna responded. The pack found the whole thing about water nymphs hilarious. Alayna and Malia personally thought that it sounded cheesy but kept the comment to themselves. "I haven't seen one personally so I won't be able to tell if the new nurse is a water nymph. However, I've mentioned that water nymphs are creatures of the night. We can track her and confirm if she turns to a water nymph under the moonlight. What time does her shift end?"

"Eight o' clock in the evening," Scott retorted. "I can follo—"

"I'll go," Malia volunteered. "I hate to break it to you, Scott, but since your name is famous among the supernatural creatures, it's better if a less famous person went just in case you get caught,"

"No. I'll go alone," Alayna offered. In the eyes of Scott and his pack, it seemed like they could trust Alayna when she volunteered to help. Little did they know that Alayna planned to get their trust so that she could kill one of them later. "Do you have a picture?"

"Yeah," Scott pulled out his cellphone from his pocket and showed them a picture of the new nurse in Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital. "Her name's Belinda West. I checked the list and her name's there," Alayna familiarized herself with Belinda's features and admired her beauty.

"She's smokin'," Derek chuckled as he spoke of the truth.

"I'll meet you here tomorrow," Alayna threw her bag on the couch and shifted in front of them. She did not care if the other deputies saw her because they were now aware of the supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills and the Sheriff himself was involved with these creatures.

"S—She's just like Derek..." Stiles muttered in awe. "...an evolved werewolf."

***

Belinda West grabbed her things before she stepped out of the hospital. Men made attempts in driving her home but she turned them down.

She did not need them because she was still good for a week. Considering that she was the most beautiful out of the three water nymphs who came to Beacon Hills, it was easier for her to lure single men and kill them. Many assumed that all water nymphs were stunningly beautiful...but they were wrong about that. Belinda was just a gifted water nymph with a face of an angel. She had medium length blonde hair and light brown eyes. The other two water nymphs were also beautiful, though nothing compared to her.

"How was work? They changed my shift in the restaurant," the youngest water nymph with black pixie-cut hair asked Belinda, the second oldest of the water nymphs. "Did men flock around you again?"

"No surprise," Belinda chuckled. "Where is she?" She looked around for the oldest water nymph but was not able to find her.

"She was supposed to drive you home but she texted me that she noticed a werewolf was following you,"

"A werewolf who knows about us? Was it Scott McCall?" Belinda evidently heard of Scott McCall, the true alpha. There were many obstacles that came in Scott's way but he managed to overcome them. It appeared that miracles really surrounded Scott. If there was anyone who was going to get involved with the killings that were happening in Beacon Hills, the water nymphs knew that it would be the true alpha.

"No," the oldest water nymph, who just arrived, answered the question. Her long sleek black hair shined like she was in a shampoo commercial. "I'm pretty sure that it's a girl. It's an evolved werewolf. I did some pretty serious damage but she got away. Let's be hopeful that she won't survive,"

"What if she does?" Belinda asked. "You need to be more careful. Did she see your face?"

"Even if she did, I think remembering will just cause her nightmares," the oldest proved her point by shifting. She looked horrendous as she was just skin and bones that her eyes were almost hollow. Water nymphs did not have tails when on land...but once they summon their tails in water, they would be unstoppable.

Luck was always on the water nymphs' side against battles for supernatural creatures. They knew that no one would be able to beat them in water...not even Scott McCall could change that.