Chapter 14 - The Hellhound's Extinguisher

Chapter 14

It was midnight, Alayna slowly opened her eyes when she felt sudden heat radiating from...someone. Since she ran away from being arrested, she decided to spend the night in the middle of the woods until she could figure out what to do next. Sure, it was uncomfortable but she figured out that this was safer than her own place.

The blue-eyed girl stood up and saw Jordan, in his Hellhound form, standing there and looking at her. After a few seconds, Jordan shifted back to his human form. "Parri—"

The deputy did not let Alayna ask him of what he was doing there. Jordan emptied his thoughts and immediately wrapped his arms around the girl. "I'm so glad you're okay, Alayna,"

Alayna was lost for words but she did not pull away from Jordan's arms. She had no idea why Jordan was acting this way. "A—Are you here to arrest me?" Alayna did not know what else she was supposed to say so she blurted out the words that first came inside her mind.

Even though he did not want to, Jordan pulled away from Alayna who was still shocked from what just happened. Jordan could not wait for it to be nighttime earlier. He knew that he would not be able to summon his powers in the daylight. The moment that the moon came out, he shifted to be able to track Alayna. "Let's go to my apartment so that we can figure out what to do next,"

"No," Alayna refused. "I won't help you. It's not my job to save this town,"

"I don't expect you to..." Jordan reached down to hold Alayna's hands. "If you want to help us against the water nymphs or not, I don't care. I just want to keep you safe,"

"Why?" Alayna's voice broke.

"Because I can't get you out of my mind. I want to be near you, always be near you. I don't like it when other guys find you attractive. I do—" Jordan tried his hardest to explain what he felt in words. "—Maybe what I'm really trying to say is...I'm in love with you, Alayna...and I don't care if you feel the same way."

***

Jordan and Alayna 's trip to the deputy's apartment was silent even when they arrived. Jordan opened the door to his apartment and motioned for Alayna to come in. There were not a lot of furniture in the apartment. It was simple, neat, and tidy.

"I'm sorry about my place. Your condo is much better," Jordan smiled sheepishly as he closed the door behind them. "I usually work late so this place is just for me to sleep and bathe in,"

"Don't worry about it. I think this place is nice," Alayna smiled back. "Um—Jordan? About what you said earlier..."

"We don't have to talk about it if it makes you uncomfortable, Alayna," Jordan meant what he said. For now, he did not care if Alayna did not feel the same way. He just wanted to tell her how he felt. He was older than her, more matured. Surely, he should not be afraid to face his own feelings.

"I just want to say that I don't have any experience with relationships..." Alayna walked toward the deputy until they were face to face. "...but you and me? It's something that I want to try," Alayna seemed fearless when she kissed Jordan.

Jordan pulled away from the kiss. "I'm naked and still haven't bathed," Jordan looked down on his body that was covered with ash caused by shifting to a Hellhound. "But I don't want to wait," the deputy slammed his lips on Alayna.

Their kiss started slow and sloppy until time came that their tongue and lip movements became synchronized. Neither one of them expected that the night would end like this...though no one regretted what was happening, not in the least.

***

Alayna almost shrieked when she saw a man sleeping beside her the moment she opened her eyes. 'It wasn't a dream', she thought. It seemed like Jordan had taken a bath before he went to bed. "Jordan..." she tried to wake the deputy up. "Get up. Don't you have work?"

The blue-eyed girl could not help but admire Jordan's body since he was topless. Nothing happened between the two of them because Jordan wanted to wait until Alayna felt the same. If Jordan did not stop what they were doing last night, she knew that she would have surrendered herself to him or begged for him to take her.

"I'll just call in for a half day later," without opening his eyes, Jordan wrapped his arm tighter around Alayna's waist. "Give me more time to savor this moment,"

Alayna observed Jordan's facial features. The deputy was handsome that she wondered how on Earth was he still single?

A knock on the door made Jordan groan. All he wanted to do was snuggle with Alayna. Jordan rarely had any visitors unless it was important. Thinking that maybe it was, he had no other choice but to get dressed to attend to the person on the other side of the door.

Jordan was surprised when she opened the door. "V—Victoria. What are you doing here?"

"You did your job and I commend you for it," Victoria grinned. She invited herself inside Jordan's apartment and instantly handcuffed Alayna who stood there, shocked. "You did a great job in catching her. I'm now going to take her to the station. Don't forget to wear your uniform, Parrish,"

"W—What?" Jordan followed Victoria and Alayna outside. "How dare you search my house, Victoria? You need a warrant for that," this time, Jordan looked furious. "Alayna...trust me, I didn't do this. I don't know ho—"

"Don't explain," Victoria spoke right after she shoved Alayna inside the car. "I don't want to get you in trouble so I'm just going to forget that you hid a perp inside your house,"

"How did you know?" Jordan glared at his fellow deputy.

"Everyone in the station knows that you're a Hellhound, Parrish," Victoria smirked, knowing that she had won. "You always have a way of finding someone if you want to."