Chapter 20 (Final Chapter) - The Hellhound's Extinguisher

Alayna groaned in pain the moment that she had slowly opened her eyes. She inspected her body for injuries but found none...except that she noticed that she was in the hospital, with an IV attached to her body.

There was no doubt that the nine herbs were used for the wounds inflicted by Victoria. "How are you feeling? Parrish is in the station. He asked me to keep an eye for you for a few more minutes before his shift ends,"

"I feel weak for being stabbed by a fish, a really slimy fish," even in her weak state, Alayna still had the audacity to make jokes. "My memories are kind of hazy...did we win?"

"We did..." Scott chuckled. "...and it's all because of you. The water nymphs dissolved in the water,"

"They weren't human in the first place," Alayna could say that she was not surprised considering how dead the water nymphs looked in the first place.

"You were the hero, Alayna. We wouldn't have emerged victorious if it wasn't for you," Scott admitted. The rest of the pack thought of the same way. Alayna was the leader in this mission and the rest of them were just reinforcement.

"How long was I out?"

"Three days," Scott responded quickly. "Everybody took turns in being here but I guess that I got lucky that you woke up during my turn,"

"Why is that?"

"Because I want to tell you that I understand if you still blame me for Deucalion's death," Scott stood up and walked his way beside the hospital bed. "I just want to tell you that if Deucalion was still alive, he would be very proud of you and what you've done to save Beacon Hills,"

"I've forgiven you, Scott," Alayna smiled weakly. "Actually, I've forgiven myself for blaming you for my father's death. I—I was angry and hurt when he died that I compensated by blaming other people,"

"That's understandable, Alayna," Scott whispered. "Losing someone you love is painful...and pain is what makes us human,"

"Thank you, S—Scott," Alayna's voice broke. "Thank you for making me feel like a part of your pack even after I've told you about my real intentions,"

"You're one of us," Scott reminded the blue-eyed girl. "You will never be alone again. If you ever find yourself in trouble, know that you can always count on us, Alayna."

***

Alayna woke up for the second time in the hospital right after she heard the door being opened. "Jordan...it's so good to see you," what Alayna felt for Jordan was sincere. She was glad that Jordan was there with her.

"I was so afraid during that time," Jordan sat on the available space of the bed. "I thought that I was going to lose you,"

"I'm here now," Alayna reached out to hold Jordan's hand. "I'm safe. We're safe,"

"Don't ever do that again, alright?" the green-eyed deputy pleaded. "If ever Beacon Hills gets attacked by supernatural creatures again, let me handle it,"

"No promises," Alayna chuckled.

Jordan sighed. He was not surprised that Alayna would be this difficult. "Just promise me that you will be more careful next time?"

"Promise,"

"I love you, Alayna," Jordan meant every word that he said. At first, he was just falling in love with the high school senior...but now, he was sure that he loved her. "You have no idea how much I want to be with you all the time,"

"So...how was the kiss with Victoria?" Alayna decided to change the topic by teasing Jordan. "I'm guessing that you enjoyed it?"

"Yeah, I did," Jordan teased back. He had noticed that Alayna's face suddenly turned sour. "I was just kidding, Alayna. I was disgusted. I've heard about a princess that kissed a frog but never a prince that kissed a fish,"

"I love you too, Jordan," Alayna blurted out and that shut Jordan up. "Hey! Say something!"

"Uh—I'm just surprised. A part of me thought that this was a hopeless case and in no question, one-sided," Jordan confessed. "The first time that I saw you, I found you so stunning and beautiful—and now, it's hard to believe that you feel the same way,"

"Yeah, right," Alayna rolled her eyes. "How about you? Have you seen yourself in the mirror? You're like a walking Greek god with that face of yours and...have you seen your biceps?"

"I'm knowledgeable that these..." Jordan flexed his biceps. "...are my strongest points,"

"Um...since we both live alone, don't you—I mean, if you want to, why don't we move in together? We can just live in my condo since it's too huge for one person to live alone anyway," Alayna said all the words in one breath.

"Live together?" Jordan cleared because he could not believe what he just heard.

"Don't you want to?"

"I—I want to! In fact, I'm excited!" Jordan leaned down and kissed Alayna on the lips for a few seconds before he pulled away. "It's a good thing that I changed the lock and repaired the door yesterday when you were unconscious,"

Alayna remembered that Jordan wrecked the door open when she was first attacked by a water nymph. That memory seemed so far away now. "Then I'll be looking forward to living together with you, Jordan Parrish,"

"I'm a deputy and you're a high school senior. I honestly don't care about what other people will think about our relationship. How about you? Won't it bother you if people start talking about us?"

"Me? Think about what anyone else thinks? Please," Alayna scoffed. "I'm Deucalion's daughter...and I was raised not to give a damn about what other people think."