Chapter 18 - The Hellhound's Extinguisher

Chapter 18

"I can't believe it..." Victoria gasped the moment the she hopped out of Jordan's car. "This is the most expensive restaurant in California. How did you know about it?"

Jordan drove the two of them outside of Beacon Hills. "I researched it," the green-eyed deputy smirked to convince Victoria that this was all his doing. In all honesty, Jordan had no idea about the restaurant until Alayna told him about it for the plan. Apparently, Alayna and Deucalion had eaten in the luxurious restaurant a lot of times. Even though Alayna refused to brag, Jordan already got the hunch that Alayna was rich and she could continue living that lifestyle because of Deucalion.

Victoria linked an arm around Jordan's before they walked inside the restaurant. A waiter led them to their seats. The restaurant was amazing. There was a dancefloor in the middle of the room and a ballad quartet playing at the back.

"This is great, Pa—Jordan," Victoria smiled widely. "Thank you for bringing me here,"

"I told you that you deserve better than the diner and the bowling alley," Jordan repeated what he had said back in the station.

"I don't care about expensive things," the female deputy admitted. "As long as I'm with you, I don't care where we are. We can spend the whole day in bed and I'll still think that it's a great date. You don't have to splurge on me. I'm not really high-maintenance,"

"That's great to hear...considering that I only make $40,000 a year," Jordan joked. "Now...why don't you order everything that you like?"

"Everything...?" Victoria eyed Jordan. Their date was ideal but the price was not. The last thing that Victoria wanted to do was spend Jordan's hard earned money. "We can split the bill if you like,"

"Come on. At least let me be the man for one night,"

"I guess I have no choice but to take you up on that offer," Victoria browsed the menu and found a couple dishes that looked appetizing. She was having a hard time to choose what to eat. "Are we going to order alcohol?"

"Do you want to?"

"It's tempting," Victoria nodded slowly. "If you don't want to, it's alright,"

"We can order a bottle of champagne...but I think that I should let you know that my tolerance is very, very low," Jordan's voice got lower. "So...will I be expecting you to take care of me after?"

***

Lara Grace went straight home right after her shift at the restaurant had ended. Now that Victoria had taken care of that evolved werewolf named Alayna Drydon, she did not need to worry about getting attacked whilst working.

"You think that you will get away from me that easily?"

Lara was surprised when a familiar voice spoke from the living room. She walked slowly to the direction of the voice to confirm who it was. "W—What are you doing here? Victoria told us that she already got rid of you!"

"She thought she did..." Alayna examined her nails. "She left me in that abandoned warehouse and tried to let me die of starvation. Because of what she did, I have figured something out,"

"What is that?" Lara grew nervous. She had never expected to see Alayna inside their house.

"You water nymphs are unable to kill women like you do with men. You can't pull out a woman's tongue and chop her legs off," Alayna stood up and circled Lara. "Of course, Victoria could have killed me by natural means. She could have pulled the trigger of her gun or stabbed me in the heart...but she couldn't. Seeing as she was the one who arrested me, she would be the prime suspect if ever my body was found,"

"W—What do you want?"

"You're a freshman...which means you're the youngest out of the three water nymphs..." Alayna was frightening and she was well aware of that. "...and judging from your reaction, you're nowhere near as strong as Victoria,"

In a blink of an eye, Alayna shifted in her evolved werewolf form to take down Lara who did not stand a chance.

"Lara?" Belinda's voice was heard from the front door. "I brought Chinese take-out,"

Alayna did not need to bother herself with the nurse who worked in the Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital. She was already part of the McCall's pack and she trusted Derek Hale would be enough to take care of the most beautiful water nymph.

***

Jordan and Victoria were slow dancing on the dancefloor. Jordan had both of his hands on Victoria's waist whilst the female's deputy's arms were circled around the Hellhound's neck. Jordan did not break his eye contact but God knew how he wished that Alayna would suddenly take Victoria's place.

Everything about the night disgusted Jordan.

Victoria mustered up her courage and kissed the green-eyed deputy.

Jordan was aware that kissing Victoria would be part of the act but he was still surprised when it happened. He remembered when Alayna told him of the plan. He wondered if Alayna felt even a little bit jealous about the thought of him kissing the water nymph.

Jordan pulled away and slowly opened his eyes. "Wow. You just sucked the soul out of me or am I just feeling dizzy from the champagne?"

Victoria giggled like she thought that Jordan being dizzy was the effect of their kiss. "Why don't we go back to my place and continue this?" Victoria leaned in closer to Jordan's ear. "I'll make sure to give you a night that you will always remember."