Chapter 19 - The Hellhound's Extinguisher

Chapter 19

"That's...funny..." Victoria said in between Jordan's kisses. "I'm surprised that my cousins aren't here," water nymphs were different from werewolves. They could not hear heartbeats or whisperings...though they were naturally stronger than most supernatural creatures if trained or if they have perfect control of their abilities.

"We should probably consider ourselves lucky," Jordan smiled. "Why don't you give me a tour of your house? I figure that I will probably be here a lot from now on,"

"I like the sound of that," Victoria gave Jordan a tour of the huge house. "Lastly, we have a pool. No, we aren't rich...it's just me and the girls love the water so much,"

"I don't find any of that surprising at all,"

Victoria turned around to look at who the owner of the voice was but could not see her. "What the hell?" A few seconds later, Alayna and Corey became visible. For a moment there, Alayna admired Corey's invisibility power. "What are you doing here? Jordan, what is this?"

Jordan answered by shifting into a Hellhound. "It means that you're outnumbered, Victoria,"

Derek, Malia, and Liam came into view. The three of them were guarding Belinda and Lara who were tied back to back. Both water nymphs had cloths in their mouths that kept them from talking.

"You've taken advantage of my feelings for you!" Victoria yelled at the Hellhound. "Now, I have no choice but to kill you too," the oldest water nymph jumped into the pool and shifted immediately right after.

The pack was terrified by the way that Victoria looked. Most of them thought that mermaids were beautiful creatures...but they were wrong. Victoria's tail was sharp like a blade and if they ever got near her, they would surely be cut in half. Victoria's rage was felt by the group when water knocked all of them down. Because of the water, Jordan went back to his original human form.

Derek and Malia held Belinda and Lara down to secure them. The last thing that they wanted to do was battle three water nymphs at the same time. Victoria was now creating a whirlpool. It appeared that a water nymph could summon water because the female deputy was clearly using more water than the pool had.

"Where's Scott and Stiles?" Alayna asked her comrades. Scott had the mountain ash and Stiles was in charge of the machine that could generate electricity as strong as a lightning bolt. "What could have possible went wrong? We're running out of time!"

"They're on their way!" Malia yelled back.

"To hell with it," Alayna removed her jacket. "I'm going to buy us some time. Proceed with the plan once Scott and Stiles arrive here," before anyone could stop her, Alayna jumped into the twelve-foot pool in her werewolf form. She did not want to use her evolved form because the short legs of a wolf would make it harder for her to swim.

Alayna swam deeper into the eye of the whirlpool where Victoria was. Victoria was focusing on her attack until she had noticed the werewolf who was in the water with her.

'This is your fault', Alayna heard Victoria's voice inside her head. 'I can drown you until you're dead,' Alayna grabbed Victoria's bony arm and tangled herself at her body. Alayna was at Victoria's back whilst she had an arm around the water nymph's neck. 'Do you really think that you can choke me, Alayna?'

Alayna could not answer and she did not need to.

She just needed to buy them some time.

Victoria's tail stabbed Alayna's back multiple times but the demon wolf's daughter refused to let go.

"We're here!" Scott had the generator in his hands. "Stiles's Jeep broke down so we ran all the way here,"

"We don't care about the details, Scott," Derek snapped. "Alayna's still in the water. How are we going to do this?"

"I need to go in after her," Jordan attempted to jump into the pool the moment that he had noticed that blood was contaminating the pool. Seeing how Victoria looked as a water nymph, there was no doubt that the blood belonged to Alayna.

"Don't, Parrish!" Stiles was catching his breath the moment that he had arrived. "Alayna had a plan...remember?"

"B—But she might be dying!" Jordan did not know what else to do.

"We will stick to Alayna's plan," Stiles scattered the mountain ash around the pool. Before he was able to close it, he looked at Derek and Malia. "We need to do this,"

"Alayna's still in there," Malia frowned. "She might die,"

"Do it!" Alayna briefly yelled when she got her head out of the water for two seconds. She had never thought that Victoria was this strong. She was having a hard time holding onto a rampaging water nymph with slimy skin.

Victoria kept stabbing her anywhere that she could but Alayna's determination to hold onto her was strong.

"No!" Jordan refused. "There must be another way,"

"There is no other way!" Scott tried to talk some sense into the deputy. "I understand what you're feeling, Parrish...but Alayna made her decision. You just need to believe in her because we all do," the true alpha looked at his pack and saw that everybody felt the same way. Even with Lydia missing because of an important exam, and Mason who decided that he would be useless, the true alpha knew that even the banshee and the human trusted Alayna.

"S—She's strong, Parrish," Liam added. "Believe in her. Believe in Alayna,"

Derek and Malia pushed Lara and Belinda into the water. The two women transformed into their real forms. Stiles immediately enclosed the pool with the mountain ash. There was no way for the four supernatural creatures to get out now.

Since Corey was a chimera, he could get past the mountain ash so he took the part of dipping the wire in the water. Scott was the one who turned the dial of the generator to max and everybody else was a witness of what was happening.

No one could hear anyone screaming because the four were underwater. The pool was sparking with electricity until the water turned black.

"What's happening?" Liam was the first one to ask.

"I—I have no idea," Scott turned the dial down. Everyone was silent for ten whole seconds and no one knew what to do.

Scott fell on his behind, surprised, when a hand grabbed the edge of the pool. "Get...me...out—" the weakened hand was losing its grip but Jordan caught it on time. Jordan and Liam pulled Alayna, who was covered in black liquid, out of the pool.

"She's bleeding a lot," Jordan almost failed to notice it because of the black liquid. "We need to get her out of here."