chapter seven

Jamia's eyes narrowed as she spun to face him, but as she did, confusion washed over her gaze.

"Where – Where did he go?" She snapped, and Frank blinked in confusion. His gaze traveled slowly down to his feet, where he froze, breath caught in his throat. Fucking hell; he was invisible. What the fuck?

MEET ME OUTSIDE. Frank hoped Gerard heard him as he slipped away from the cafeteria as silently as possible, taking off his shoes as he ran down the hall. The doors burst open for Frank as he reached them, stumbling outside onto the grass where he'd been not long before. Moments later, Gerard was there too, and Frank jumped to his feet. He could see himself again, and he wrung his hands nervously.

"I was invisible!" Frank cried, and Gerard raised his brows. "Yeah, I noticed. What was the pizza for?"

"Different story," Frank shook his head breathlessly, when Jamia burst out behind them. Frank gasped in fear, and Gerard tensed. "I – I – " Frank began, but Jamia cut him off. "Don't do that again," She said, shaking slightly as a burst of fear flew off her, before spinning on her heel and storming back inside.

There was a moment of silence, with Frank's heavy breathing being the only noise, before Gerard spoke. "What the fuck was that?" He asked. "I thought we were done for."

"She doesn't have powers," Frank explained. "We could destroy her if we wanted. Maybe she's scared."

Gerard scoffed, playfully flicking Frank's hair out of his eyes with a finger. 'That's very unlike you to say, Frankie. Killing people? God forbid."

Frank frowned. There were alone in the courtyard; no one could hear them. "Just because I don't throw my powers around like you doesn't mean I'm scared of killing!" He scowled. "It's just so wrong to do things to people! They have family and friends and maybe they're just trying to help someone!"

"Awe, Frank," Gerard teased, straightening out Frank's collar and tie. "Your uniform got all messed up while you were running around causing trouble."

"I wasn't causing trouble!" Frank said indignantly, but Gerard's hands were still resting on his neck, making Frank feel awkward. Gerard's mind was slightly less shielded than normal, but Frank could hardly tell what he was thinking from the clutter of thoughts running around up there. "Are . . . Are you going to let go?" He asked, shifting his feet. Something wasn't right here; Gerard wasn't just fixing his collar. Nothing made any sense to Frank at this moment because, fuck, sure he wanted to kiss Gerard but that's obviously not ever something Gerard would want to do.

Gerard laughed a little and Frank wanted to curl up and die in embarrassment. Since they were touching, Gerard had literally just heard everything he'd fucking thought, oh, FUCK. Jesus fucking Christ, please kill me now, Frank shut his eyes tight.

"Do you really want me to let go?" Gerard asked coyly, his thumb dragging over Frank's throat. Sparks of weird feelings shot up from where Gerard had touched him, and Frank couldn't tell whose they were. Frank's face reddened, and it felt like fire was crawling up his back. Every nerve where Gerard's hands were was on fire, and even though he knew he should, Frank just couldn't seem to move away. "Gerard," He said warningly, because this was very bad, and Frank knew exactly where this was going but there was no way that was happening because Gerard wasn't gay –

Gerard kissed him. And Frank kissed back, allowing his lower lip to be caught and pulled by Gerard's teeth. It felt so good as Gerard's jaw began to work and Frank had wanted this for so long but not like this and oh, God, this was bad.