chapter fourteen

"Can you hear him?" Bob asked as they sat in Ray's room, and Gerard shook his head slowly.

"Frank's there," Gerard reassured them. "But he's asleep. They've got this bracelet on his wrist – it's keeping him unconscious. His mind's just . . . silent."

"Okay, you're weak and useless. Give me a shot," Ray cut in, Bob scoffed. "If Gerard can't hear him, no one can," The blonde boy told him, and Gerard frowned.

"I just don't get it. Out of all of us, why does she want Frank?" Gerard shook his head, and Bob looked at him like he'd just said the Earth was flat.

"Are you actually stupid," Ray rubbed his nose, and Gerard shot him a weird glance. "No?"

"Frank's not like us, Gerard." Bob said slowly, as if speaking to a child. "If we're bees, Frank's a fucking moose."

"Last time I checked, we weren't bees," Gerard pointed out.

"Yeah, that was probably the worst analogy I've heard in my entire life." Ray agreed. "It made me want to kill myself."

Bob scoffed. "Shut up, Ray. You read picture books upside down."

"They're pictures," Ray shouted, flapping his arms around. "There's no up or down in art."

"You all need to be fucking quiet," Gerard snapped. "You're telling me Frank's a fucking, what? Hyper-magician on crack?"

"Junkie wizard," Ray nodded.

"NOT junkie wizard." Bob cut in. "But without him, we're going to have a hell of a hard time doing whatever the fuck we're doing at the dance."

"We can all do shit, though," Gerard said. "Can't we free the school, and THEN rescue him? I mean obviously we want him back, but do we like, need him for tonight?"

"Yes," Bob said, as Ray added, "You know – forgive me for crossing any boundaries here – but you're both acting kind of gay."

Gerard pointed his finger at Ray, looking flatly at Bob. "I nominate we throw him out of the room."

"I second," Bob agreed, and Ray jumped up defensively. "This is MY room! You cannot throw me out!"

"I can do whatever the fuck I want," Bob lifted his hands to do something ominous, but Ray stopped him short.

"Get the fuck off me!" Bob scowled, rubbing his wrists as if that would clean himself of Ray's magic. "I don't want your shit on me."

"Then don't kick me out of my own fucking room!" Ray shouted, throwing a dirty sock from the floor at the boy. Bob opened his mouth to say something back, but Gerard stomped his foot, silencing them both. "Shut the fuck up," He growled, running a hand through his hair. "The next person to say something fucking dumb is going to die."

"Technically, you can't kill either of us," Ray said, raising a hand in the air.

"Well," Bob cut in. "Unless his purpose was to kill idiots. In which you'd be dead."

"In which you'd BOTH be dead," Gerard corrected, sighing. "I really don't think we're going to get Frank back in time. We're going to need to figure out how to do it without him."

"We don't know if it's even possible to do it without him," Ray pointed out, and Bob shook his head. "We're going to have to try."

◊◊◊

"Just for your information, everyone knows you gave head last night," Ray leaned back in his chair, playing with the pen he was holding. "And by everyone, I mean Bob and I."

Gerard groaned, his forehead falling against the chalkboard in front of him with a soft thud. A few of his words got smudged by his hair. "Three hours," He exclaimed. "We've got three hours until the dance, and you bring this up."

"Also, you suck at it," Bob shook his head. "Like, you're literally ass. I don't think I could have imagined something worse."

"Yeah," Gerard shrugged. "With our accepting school environment, I've had lots of time for sexual experimentation."

"Jamia said there were cameras," Ray said, pushing his fingers to his temples. "I'm finding that footage . . . right now."

Dropping his stick of chalk to the floor, Gerard grabbed Ray with both hands, pushing his palm to the boy's face roughly.

"Hey!" Ray protested, before yelping and trying to squirm away. "Ew, get your weird scorpions out of my brain."

"I'm going to think about fucking scorpions until you – fucking hell, Ray, do not do that." Gerard held down the boy until he gave in, sighing and throwing up his hands. "Okay, fine! I'm not going to watch it!" Ray yelled. "Let me go!"

"Nice nail polish," Bob remarked, and Gerard flipped him off, before going back to the board. "Alright, here's the plan," He began, picking the chalk back up. "We kill Jamia and all the Bunny Doctors and nurses – and maybe Jimmy – tell everyone they've been brainwashed, and then get the hell out of here?"

Ray bit his lip sheepishly. "Jesus, Gerard." He murmured. "That's a lot of death."

"Yeah, well, desperate times call for desperate measures," Gerard shrugged, putting the end of the chalk in his mouth until he realized it was not a pen. Gross. "If we've got to kill people, so be it. They'll come back, again, but before they do, we'll be gone, and the school will be free."

A grunt escaped Bob, and he shut his mouth, looking away firmly. Gerard huffed, pointing to him. "Spit it out."

Bob shifted uncomfortably, crossing his arms. "No, Gerard. The people you kill tonight are going to stay dead."

"No, they're not," Gerard frowned. "It has been established that people who haven't completed their purpose will live."

Bob shook his head slightly, his mouth forming into a thin line. "They're not animi. Once they die, they're gone."

"Shit, Frank is going to strangle me if he finds out I did this," Gerard groaned, and Ray nodded. "So, maybe DON'T do it."

Gerard glanced from face to face, and then down at the floor. "I don't think I have another choice."

wow maybe ill acutally finish this after like 66768 months

some of my friends were watching k-12 at school and i was like "shit i should like,, do something with that fic"