chapter seventeen

Getting the students out hadn't been hard.

Finding ones who could drive the buses home had been more of a challenge, but Ray and Bob soon began enchanting the vehicles to drive themselves and before Frank knew it, the school was practically empty. Everyone was safe, and on their way back to their house, as far as possible from this cursed place.

Finally, it was just the four of them left, standing in front of the haunted building. A pale-yellow light glowed from inside each window, challenged only by the moon high in the sky.

"Well, I guess this is it," Gerard said calmly, but Frank could feel the fear waving off him. Gerard wasn't sure if this was going to work, and Frank didn't blame him. What if they were wrong? What if they'd done all this for nothing?

"We can't just leave it." Frank said suddenly, looking over the school. "What if the explosion hurts someone?"

"It won't," Gerard insisted, but Ray wasn't too sure. "What about like, animals? We're going to blow deer guts from here to China."

"Oh, fuck the deer," Bob groaned, but Frank agreed with Ray. "We've got to do something else."

"What exactly is your plan?" Gerard asked in exasperation, and Frank lifted his hands. "We take the school away."

A small piece of gum appeared in each palm, and Frank put one in his mouth, handing the other to Gerard. Gerard chewed the gum reluctantly. "I don't think this is smart." He said, and Frank ignored him.

Slowly, Frank began to blow a bubble. It started small, but soon grew larger and larger. After a few moments it was as tall as him, and then bigger, soon joining with Gerard's.

"Pinch me," Ray said to Bob, and then squeaked in pain as Bob did. "Ow!"

The bubble left Frank's mouth, continuing to grow until it slowly covered the school, engulfing the giant building with a pink tint. There was a low rumble, and the ground began to shake, throwing Frank to his knees.

"What the hell," Gerard said, his voice hidden through the sound of cracking plaster and shattered rocks. Slowly, the school began to rise, carried by the bubble into the sky.

Ray said something that was definitely not English, and Frank turned to him. "What does that mean?"

"There's blood everywhere." Ray answered. "I don't really know French, just picked it up as a kid."

"My mom spoke French," Bob said unhelpfully, but no one was listening as the school floated away, a small golden door being revealed in its place. It opened slowly, and Frank knew without seeing the silhouette's face that it was Mikey. They'd done it, they were moving on.

The four of them walked over to it, and Mikey smiled. Gerard and Bob followed Mikey down the golden stairwell quickly, and only Ray hesitated, looking back at Frank, who stood rooted to the spot, a few feet from the door.

Ray tilted his head. "Are you coming?"

the end lmao

did that make any sense? OF COURSE NOT ENJOY HAVE A GREAT DAY