Chapter 2

I open my eyes, to see none other then Felix Huxley. "Are you okay?" He said, as he held his hand out. I hesitate for a moment, then grab his hand. "Yeah, Im fine, thanks..." I said, feeling my face go red. "Im so sorry, I should of been paying attention to where I was going.." I say, shyly. Felix simply smiles, and says " Its fine, just be more careful next time." Before I could even get the chance to respond, I hear Lily. "Okay, break it up, love birds. Class starts in about 2 minutes, and I know as a fact that Kid has Language first period." My face goes red, but then I remembered that Language was on the other side of the building. "Ah, yes." Felix says, his face a bit red himself. The bell then rang. "COME ON, 2 MINUTES EARLY." I hear Billy exclaim, who also has Language first period. "Uh, bye!" I say to Felix, then turn on my heel, and sprint down the hallway, with Billy.

Lucky for me, the teacher was a bit late. I took a seat at the back of the room, next to a window, and Billy sits next to me. "I can't believe I ran into Felix. He must think that Im stupid.. not that I care, though. I mean its normal to not want people to think Im stupid. Especially someone so cute- wait, what am I thinking? Im not Gay. Lost in thought, I didn't even notice the teacher come into the room, until I heard her voice. I break my gaze from the window, as the teacher begins class.

The day was slow, and boring. It proceeded to rain through out the day, just as heavily as it had been, when the rain started. Occasionally, the dark sky, would light up with lightning. I was sitting at a table in the cafeteria with Lily, Ted, Billy, Nugget, and Penny, talking about a variety of topics. At this point, Billy, Lily, and Ted were all talking about stupid things their siblings have done, and Penny, Nugget, and I, were all laughing.  Apparently Felix was a very stupid kid, which made me feel slightly better about myself.

We kept on talking, until the bell rang, and we all went to our classes. I had chemistry, which was probably my best, and favourite subject. I didn't know anyone in this class, except Felix. I take a seat in the back, and began listening to the teacher. She announced a project, and that we would be working in partners. We were aloud to pick our partners , which I wasn't all too happy about, considering I knew no one, and was not about to ask Felix. I began to scan the room, for a loner to ask, until I heard a familiar voice. "Hello kid." I look at Felix, who seems to be in a good mood. "Would you like to be my partner?" He asked me. I was surprised. Why would felix want me as a partner? He was popular. Literally anyone else would of loved to be his partner, but he chose me. "Sure.." I say.  Felix smiles, and takes the empty seat next to me.  We immediately get to work on the project. My nervousness didn't last long considering how much I love chemistry. I really enjoyed his company. He was so nice, and funny. He had definitely changed from his psychotic self from kindergarten.

To my disappointment, the bell rang, and I had to go to my next class. Apparently Felix had this class with me, too. To my surprise, he actually walked with me, and then sat next to me. He actually sat next to me! During class, I would occasionally look over at him. Just glance at him. One time, I looked over at him, to see him looking back at me! We kinda just stared at each other for a minute, until a kid fell out of their chair, and broke our conversation. And at the end of the period, when Felix gathered his things, and smiled, waiting patiently for me, I knew.

Im gay.