Chapter 8

I walk through the halls. I can tell people are staring at me. I would hear the occasional remark, like "Hey Kid, wheres ya parents?" Or "Hey look, the poor kid!" But I just ignored it. Saying I didn't care would be lying, though. The only thing that I had to look forward to, was the end of the day. Felix and I had planned to meet up at my place after school, to work on our project! It was gonna be just the 2 of us.

The bell rang, announcing it was lunch. I took a seat with Billy, Lily, Penny, And Ted. "Wassup my dude?" Billy said when he saw me. "The sky." I replied. Billy looked me straight in the eye, with the most powerful glare ever. "Now listen here, you little shit." "Language!" Penny said, as the rest of us laughed. "So whats the latest tea?" Lily said, trying to mock Cindy. "You need to stop watching tik tok." Ted said. "Wait, where is Nugget?" I ask. "Nugget is here!" Nugget said, while running to our table. "Nugget was held back by the dumb teacher. The dumb teacher got mad at Nugget, because Nugget pointed out the fact that the dumb teacher picking students who didn't know the answer, was stupid, because Nugget knew the answer." Nugget sat down between Lily, and Billy.

"Its Okay Nugget." Lily said. "So! You guys wanna meet up after school?" Penny asked, cheerfully. "Sorry, Im working on a project with Felix." I said. "OOoOOh" Lily and Billy said in sync. "Hah, its not like you guys don't like anyone." I responded. "Im not stupid enough to tell people my crush." Billy said. "Nor was I. You guys just kinda guessed." I said. "Yeah, It was really obvious." Ted said. "10 bucks Billy is madly in love with Ron." I said, looking at Billy, who was now resembled a tomato. "Nugget agrees with Kid." Nugget said, smiling at Billy. "I-I..
U-uh.." Billy tried to think of something to say, but obviously couldn't. "Aw, its okay Billy." Ted said. "We wont tell anyone about your Man crush." "I saw him staring at you, in French, yesterday." Penny said, making Billy's face go even more red. "You guys suck." Billy said. "Love you, too." I responded

The rest of the day went by fast. Before I knew it, I was walking to my house, with Felix. "About what happened with Cindy, this morning..." Felix said. "Do you.. often get bullied?" I stayed quiet, and looked at the ground. We were walking up my drive way now. "Why- why didn't you tell someone?" Felix asked. "Why would anyone care.." I said quietly, as I unlocked the door, and let Felix inside. Felix walked in, and I closed the door behind him. "I care.." Felix said, making me blush a bit. I led him to the living room, and sat down, on the couch. I was quiet now, once again consumed be my thoughts. Ugly. Useless. Stupid. He doesn't like you. Felix must of noticed I looked sad. "You mean a lot to me, you know." Felix said, looking at me. I looked over at him, feeling my face warm up. We kinda just started at each other for a minute, until I broke the awkward silence. "So.. the project.." "Right.." Felix responded.