Chapter 1 (Edited)

I stared at the shining floor as I come to terms with what I just found out,not only was I not part of the MacGregors but I was also about to be sold.

"Oh God."

I wiped my face with my hands as I felt little tears gather around the corner of my eyes,it was stinging a little probably because of the mascara.

I was frustrated,what is the Talent Keepers?where they some sort of kidnappers.

I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that i was going to be ridiculed in front of the public eyes.

I stood up from the high stool placed around the corner of my queen sized bed as I adjusted my thick blue and white comforter.

    I glanced around my huge room painted in a yellow colour,I twirled around a little as I faced my brown mahogany night stand,on it was my black apple laptop resting comfortably beside my iPhone.

I turned away from the sight,I felt...

Disgusted

The tears were coming faster now,I wish I had just stayed in the kitchen with Aubrey but I just had to know what was keeping Mother and Father.

       I spat out the word in rage mother father.

I was actually surprised,I just found out my whole life has been a lie and I was pretty okay with it but I just couldn't get over the fact that I was about to go through the worst thunderstorm ever.

One thing was for sure no one and I mean no one was going to step all over me again.

***

"Holls,are you going to eat your muffin?."

Aubrey asked me,there was a little  drool at the corner of her mouth as she licked get lips in anticipation.

"No why'd you ask?."

I decided to act like I was oblivious to the fact that she was currently lusting over my muffin as I broke a piece of it into my mouth,her gaze followed my hands as it trailed all over my lips.

God I felt so evil,I could feel the guilt building inside me so I dropped the muffin on her plate.

She gasped a little in shock.

"Y-you j-ust gave m-mee your food, y-you  d-ont j-just give people food"

I smiled a little at her and I watch as suspicion filled my little sister's face.

"Holly a-are you okay."She asked

I could feel my heart melting awwwwww she was concerned,gosh how was I supposed to tell a five year old girl that we were being tricked by our parents just for the money.

We were going to be sold and there's nothing we can do about it
I just couldn't bring myself to say it

Sooooooooooo I bent down and whispered very quietly into her ear

"It's that time of the month."

She smirked a little as she quietly chowed on the muffin.

God I love my sister and I just won't let anyone touch her.

I watched her a little closely and felt pride inside me at how pretty she looks,the way her big baby blues shone really bright or the way her red lips sparkles, she's really pretty.

I never thought we looked anything alike,we looked so different,I had dirty blonde hair and big forest green eyes.

Even most times I wond-,I was suddenly interrupted by Mother's squeaky voice

"Ohhh what are we discussing down here?."

Mother's irritating voice asked.

"Nothing that has to do with you."

I sass with venom in my voice and I saw realisation cloud her vision,she knows I know.

"Oh looks like someone has been snooping around the house."

Her voice had an edge to it as her bright pink suit flashed all around the kitchen,her blonde hair very dull in contrast to the outfit,the blue eyes Aubrey inherited managed to be the only thing fascinating about her.

"Watch your tone young lady."

My dad butted in as he moved closer to the kitchen store probably to go fetch another wine.

"Oh looks like Daddy finally notices me."

I retorted back,I could feel Aubrey's panicked stare bore into my back as she tried to hold me back but it was already done and I didn't care whatever the consequence I was ready to take it nobody was going to step on me ever again.

I felt it before I saw it,the slap spun my head as I landed on the floor little droplets of blood stained my peach tank top before trailing down to my odd looking white shorts,I stood to my toes as Aubrey rushed to my side,we both stood on the same side dividing the room into two while the parents stood on the other side.

The battle line was drawn,and I don't think they saw that coming, I wasn't the naive little girl any longer and I am not going to tolerate any odd attitude any more.

I felt a weird laughter bubble inside my throat as I started laughing,I held my tummy as I rocked side to side with laughter.

"Good good,you finally put on your big boy panties, didn't you daddy?"

Gosh I was loving this moment,I could literally see the  smoke from my dad's ear,this is so priceless,he made a move to my side and I raise my left eyebrow as my Mom's hand shoot out to hold him back

"You know the Talent Keepers won't tolerate damaged goods."My mom said.

"Am not going anywhere and there's nothing you can do about it."

I saw a brief fear flashed in my mom's eyes as  she held on tight to my father.

"Come on Aubrey let's go pack our clothes,we are moving to miss Karan's,she has two extra rooms for us,goodbye parents."

I spit out the words with venom.

I held out my hand to Aubrey as we both moved out of the kitchen,I was about to move down the living room before I felt it,a sharp pain was delivered to my head.

Aubrey's scream was the last thing I registered before everything turned black.

This chapter is also edited

So
Vote
Comment
Share

Love you😘😘😘
Booky.