Chapter 4

The silence was deafening,
I have never had a situation whereby the odd silence was cold enough to kill....well except when talking to miss Karen.

Miss Karen is a type of woman who talks a lot so when it comes to silence like this,it gets odd.
It doesn't even help with the fact that she's Asian, it's a well known fact that Asians have pretty big heart and I was quite surprised when the MacGregors introduced her as my babysitter at age 14,by then Aubrey had just being given birth to.

I shook my head at the idea of seeing miss Karen again,she was probably worried sick no doubt,about to report the MacGregors to the cops.
Tears welled up at the idea of not seeing Miss Karen again, she's practically my mother,I remembered the discussion I had with her when I found out Mary wasn't my mother,we had discussed the idea of me and Aubrey staying with her until I get a better job to take us far away from California.

To think of it now,I probably shouldn't have told the MacGregors about my plans to go stay at miss Karen's place.

Where the hell were the MacGregors anyway?

My thoughts were interrupted from a startled voice I could feel goosebumps rising all over me,when I saw what had caught Alexa's attention.

Everyone stood to their feet as we watched a large tray strolled casually to our side.

It was round and huge,I felt fear rise at the edge of my throat
How was this Godforsaken tray moving on it's own

Ryan spoke before I could"So who's going to open it?"she asked.

I stepped back immediately,no way in hell would I open that ghost tray definitely.......not me.

Everyone except Brittany had stepped back.

Well that's her luck.

Her red eyes felt strangely calm... again
Her small stature shook with fear and I still felt the same fear only this time for her sake.

And I felt myself slid away slowly from the situation as I wondered what i would look like with red eyes,not the best thing to do at this type of situation but... what's a girl gotta do,so back to the topic I think I would look weird in red eyes definitely weird........yeah so weird.

I snapped out of my thoughts as i try to focus on the situation at hand.

I watched with odd concentration as I try to focus.... again, Mary may had not being my real mother but the one irritating habit I got from her was the lack of concentration,I couldn't concentrate to save my life.
She also couldn't concentrate to save her life, Even though she betrayed me, together with Shawn I just couldn't see myself hate them.

Brittany stepped forward as her thin pale fingers brushed against the tray making it shook.

Chloe let out an unconscious scream while I gave out a startled squeak.

Brittany glared at both of us with fear in her eyes while I mouthed a quiet sorry.
I don't blame Chloe for screaming,this talent of a thing was getting kinda intense.

She carefully pulled out a white envelope from under the tray and set it aside,what was inside that envelope?,I was curious and I knew from the look on everyone's face they too were curious.

Brittany step back a little as she slid the cover of the tray.

My eyes were shut closed but to my delight the smell of hot rare steak filled the room and I watched as everyone's face slowly relaxed.

"Well guys, looks like this guys dont want us to starve."Alexa whispered a little before her gaze slid to the wrapped white envelope.

"Don't-"I spoke out"don't open it,I know we are all curious about the envelope but please let's just worry about it later but for now. Let's just eat."I concluded.