Chapter Four

Needless to say, Aizawa wasn't very happy with you for getting lost and causing everyone to be late. He glowered at the four of you as you walked into his classroom, looking like he'd just woken up. He motioned towards you guys, clearly awaiting an explanation of some sort.

"We were going to go to a coffee shop, but I got lost," you explained, not looking him in the eye in fear of the glare that he was surely giving you. "It took them so long to find me that we got back here later than expected. It's my fault, really."

"It's not all your fault," Mirio cut in. "We should've kept you closer with how crowded the streets were. It wasn't anyone's fault."

"Regardless of who's fault it is, we need to go. You three can head back home now," Aizawa stated.

"Yeah, it's getting pretty late," Nejire agreed. She unhooked her arm from around your shoulder, giving you a small wave as she left. "You should definitely eat lunch with us tomorrow! Bye, bye!"

Mirio followed her out after giving you a smile, and Tamaki just nodded his head in your direction before scurrying after the former. You sighed, once again feeling a tad bit guilty for fucking up their plans. You knew that they'd said it was fine, but it still sucked. You know you would've been at least a little bit disappointed if you had been in their shoes. It was almost strange how kind they were being to you. Almost.

"How did it go?" he asked after a brief moment of silence. You could feel his judging stare on the back of your neck before you turned to look at him again.

"It went pretty well. Mirio and Nejire are super nice. Tamaki was a little bit anxious, but he seems super cool too. Overall, they're awesome people and I wouldn't mind talking to them more," you explained, shoving your hands into the pockets of your sweatpants.

"And you know what you're going to be helping with in my class, correct?" He asked, nodding at your response.

"Yeah, I'm going to help document your students progress and study the basis of their quirks, right? That sounds similar to what Nezu wanted me to do," You said. "It doesn't sound like too much work. The distraction is welcome, anyways."

It was true. You really, really needed it. If you didn't find something to busy your mind with during your current situation then you were going to go insane with worry. There was just too much going on between your being here and the things that were possibly going on back at home. You sighed to yourself, not wanting to fall back into that rabbit hole of thinking. Maybe you could find a way to convince Aizawa to get you your prescribed medication here- if it even existed. You decided to ask.

"Is there any way you can get me my meds? I kind of need them to function," you told him. You explained what medication you took and that it helped with your anxiety and depression. You didn't go too far into it- just telling him the name and the dosage that you were given.

"I can see what I can do for you," he replied, and you breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you," you told him, and you really meant it. Trying to survive here without anxiety medication would have been absolute hell. You remembered the last time you had gone at least a week without medication. Needless to say, it didn't do much good for your mental health and stability.

"Well, kid. Let's go home," he said, and you found yourself following him out the door.

Home, you thought to yourself. Is that really what you would have to call this place? You supposed that you would. You didn't have anywhere else to go.

▌│█║▌║▌║

It wasn't all too surprising that Aizawa had a nice house. Surely being both a teacher at the most prestigious high school in the nation while also working as a pro hero made a lot of money. Still, you weren't quite sure what you were expecting. He seemed like the type of person to be a minimalist, so this was sort of a surprise. Maybe he didn't live alone? But then- who would he live with?