Chapter Twenty

It was a few days before you were finally able to go visit Eri again. Between the constant surveillance from Aizawa and the questioning from Nezu, it was hard to catch a break. Eventually, you kind of snapped at them, telling them that you were perfectly capable of taking care of yourself. You weren't used to people being so overbearing or protective. It made you feel vulnerable.

The Eight Bullets weren't necessarily happy to see you again, but they tolerated your presence. You got the feeling that Overhaul hadn't told them about Project XE-7. Without that information, it didn't make much sense as to why you were there.

Rappa, at the very least was somewhat okay. He was an bloodshed-orientated man, and much taller than you. While he had intimidated you at first, you'd found that when you talked to him, he really wasn't that bad. You'd even found out from him that he was only working for Overhaul because he hoped to one day defeat him. Of course, he had immediately asked to fight you afterwards, and you politely declined.

Kurono was another person you hadn't expected to get along with, but he was actually pretty good company. The man was extremely loyal to Overhaul, and while he had first given you suspicious looks, the way he viewed you now was different. Fond, even.

You couldn't say that you really knew the rest of the bullets too well. Setsuno had tried talking to you a few times, but it was clear that he was extremely wary of you. Mimic and Tengai on the other hand wanted absolutely nothing to do with you. Which made sense, you supposed. They only really cared about their boss.

On a completely different note, your glitching had almost completely come to a stop thanks to the pills that Nezu gave you. You were grateful- you'd been getting sick of trying to explain your body's strange warping.

"Come on," Kurono told you. "The boss wants to see you before you go and see Eri."

You wondered what that was about. Probably just a check in, you supposed. It had been a while- not to mention that the news of you being kidnapped by the League of Villains had gone viral. You were right when you'd said that it would send a message. People all over the country were looking towards UA, questioning why their security hadn't been tight enough and how the League had gotten there in the first place. People were finally giving the League the recognition they deserved. Or at least, what they thought they deserved. You were still on the fence about them.

You both walked in silence. You didn't really know what to say to the man, anyways. It was a bit of an uncomfortable sense of quiet, but you didn't mind it too much. However, you were grateful for it to be over when you reached Chisaki's office.

"Hello?" you asked as you knocked and entered. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yes. Hello," he greeted, folding his hands as he leaned forward, motioning for you to take a seat. "I have a question for you."

Kurono stayed in the room, moving to stand next to you as you sat down in the chair across from Overhaul. You watched as he looked you over, finding whatever it was that he was looking for satisfactory, seeing as he nodded. You wondered if this was about your staged kidnapping. That would certainly be a fun conversation to have with the mafia boss.

"What can you tell me about the supposed League of Villains?" he asked instead, and you cringed. You didn't really want to tell him anything about them. About the fact that you were technically a member.

"What do you want to know?" you asked him, crossing your arms across your chest.

Overhaul continued. "Who is Tomura Shigaraki. You spoke with him during your kidnapping, didn't you? What can you tell me about his motives?"

There were a lot of things you could say about Tomura Shigaraki. You didn't really like the man after what Kurogiri had done to try and blackmail you. You knew that he was traumatized, but it wasn't an excuse to treat his teammates like shit. You pondered what to say. You could call him a criminal and a murderer. You could call him a traumatized boy who made decision based off of years of manipulation. But neither of those were what Overhaul would want to hear.