Chapter Three ▶ Pretty Baby.

"If chaos is a work of art, then my heart is a masterpiece. "

Audrey's pov

Maybe it's the way he stood there: eyes shut, ragged breathing, with little drops of sweat dripping from his forehead to his neck and all the way down to his heaving chest. I wanted to know the story behind those green eyes, the things they've seen, the tears they've cried. He fascinated me in a way no one has ever fascinated me from the moment he walked in screaming, letting his most vulnerable side show itself. His eyes flutter open and it hurts when he looks at me, it's like his stare burns holes in my skin setting my entire body on fire. The moment is lost as Max lets go of him, speaking up: "You can go back to your rooms now the session is over."

Harry's pov

People start walking out of the room leaving me alone with Max. The clock is ticking and time goes by so painfully slow untill Max speaks up "Do you want to say goodbye to your father, he's still waiting in the hall you know." "I don't care that he's leaving me here, but don't expect me to go over there and cry like a little bitch because I probably won't see him for years." "He's still your father Harry." His words make me think about the man standing in the hall, it's his fault she has left and that's what makes the thought that had always been in the back of my mind clearer than everything else in life."No he's not, he's dead to me." "Harry-" "Look I don't care okay just tell me where my room is." He sighs, obviously frustrated by my behavior but he doesn't say a word about it. "It's room 121, I'll walk you there." "I think I will find it myself, goodbye Max."

Audrey's pov

There's a silence in the hall that even makes the gentle flutter of a butterfly's wing feel like a hurricane, the sound of the wind softly blowing through trees is the only thing that reminds me of home. For a second I'm back there, the smell of burning wood and coffee filling the air, my parents laughther in the kitchen while my mom's making apple pie. Suddenly the ground is pulled away beneath my feet and it's like I'm floating on air for a second before falling down on the cold hard floor. "Fuck are you okay ?" I try to stand up even though my ankle is hurting like hell: "Yeah it's okay even though you better look at where you're going next time." Finally back on my feet I look straight into the eyes of the guy that's been on my mind ever since this morning. His eyebrows are furrowed in worry, pink lips slightly parted and I feel his strong arms around my waist supporting me so I won't fall again. "It's rude to stare at people like that you know." A cheeky smile playing on his lips dimples showing and I know that I'm screwed. "Oh please don't flatter yourself pretty boy." "Pretty boy huh? I knew you were checking me out." He winks at me and I roll my eyes at his childish behaviour. "Oh please the hall already is small enough I doubt there is any room left for you ego." "You know you love it." I let out a small chuckle, momentarily forgetting the sadness I felt minutes ago. "Keep on dreaming styles, I'll see you tomorrow."

It are moments like these, when the day is over and you're sitting on the edge of your bed, with your head burried in your hands,tears streaming down your face that you know the meaning of real loneliness. The rain is pouring outside, wind roars against the window like the thoughts in my mind creating a storm of itself. I wrap the blanket around me, the cold air hitting my bare legs as I walk towards the door. Every night since my parents left I've been having nightmares that make me fear sleep more than anything else. It's like an addiction feeding itself, ripping my wounds open and showing me that the world is so hurtfull and I'm not safe. So every night when the nightmares haunt my sleep I go up to the roof, to let the stars wrap their blanket of security around my soul making me feel protected from the world. I allmost drift into a dreamless sleep when I hear footsteps behind me coming near my spot at the rooftop. "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up." I turn around to find Harry standing behind me, his long hair is in a messy bun and he looks as if he hasn't slept in days. "I don't mind I couldn't sleep anyway." "Nightmares huh?" I only nod to tired to answer right away as he lies down next to me. Neither of us say a word, we just watch the night sky and it's stars,comforting both of us. My eyes start to feel heavy, slowly closing as I feel harry's warm presence next to me and for the first time in days the nightmares stay away.

AN; Hi we just want to say how happy we are that metanoia has over 100 reads right now, you guys are amazing. So chapter 3 is done, it's a little short but we hope you like it and please let us know what you think of it so far xx