Chapter Twelve ▶ Oh say can you see.

''Some hearts understand each other, even in silence.''

Audrey's pov

I didn't sleep that entire night. I went searching, searching for myself, for the strenght I need now that he's gone. But I found something else instead: the courage he gave me the moment we met. And it turns out that it was what I needed, to turn my life around, to face the world alone.

In the morning I put away his photo, every trace of him that was left. Not because it didn't matter, it matters and that is what hurts the most. "What happend between you and Harry ?" I don't need to turn around to recognise the voice of the person behind me. "Nothing Caroline just leave it okay. I'm fine, really." She scoffs, walking over to my side. "I've seen you like this way too many times, waiting for some kind of change to come not aware of the terrifying fact that life is passing you by."

She takes my hand in hers, giving it a reassuring squeeze before speaking up. "I mean it audrey, don't be wasting your time here on your own. Whatever happend that night it's probably for the best." That's when reality kicks in and the tears start to stream down my face, slowly at first then all at once. My teary eyes meet hers and in that moment I decide I've been feeling like this for too long. "Are you going to be fine ?" And for the first time in forever I can be completely honest as I say: "I will be."

Harry's pov

They say missing someone is like waves, but I'm already drowning. That morning when my last group session started, I tried not to look at her. Afraid to think of her as the sun my whole world revolves around, because otherwise she will know. But even when I don't look at her I still think of her as the sun my whole world revolves around and I know she knows without looking either.

"I want to start today's session by introducing someone." I'm snapped back into reality by Max's voice. The door opens with a small crack, everyone has their heads turned towards the door, waiting impatiently for the new guy to enter the now completely silent room. "Everyone meet Jackson, our newest patient."

Audrey's pov