Chapter Four ▶ I'm Indebited To You.

"Here's to the nights that turned into morning and the friends who turned into family."

Audrey's pov

It's been two weeks since my first day at Southern and things changed fast. Ever since my parents left I felt the need to find friends who stay with me even when I'm hard headed and push them away, who understand how it feels to be so scared to be forgotten. So when I met caroline and her boyfriend of two years michael yesterday I finally felt understood, it's like this missing piece is found again making you feel complete. And maybe this is the greatest happiness of life, that we are loved in spite of ourselves.

"What are you thinking about stranger ?" I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Harry's deep voice, he's followed by caroline and michael walking hand in hand, laughing and kissing as if they are in their own little world and I wonder if I'll ever find love like that. "Oh nothing it's stupid anyways." A frown is forming on his forehead and I know he doesn't believe me but he drops the subject silently telling me we'll talk about it later. "Sooo anyway Mike and I want to tell you guys something." And I know what's coming because she runs her hands through her blue hair, a nervous smile playing on her lips while she's fiddling with the hem of her band tshirt. Her eyes find michael's and he gives her a reassuring smile mouthing "It's okay babe." "We just had a conversation with Jeanne and she thinks we've progressed enough to let us go in a week or so."

"That's great guys you're finally leaving this fucking hell." "Thanks mate." Michael had this big grin on his face and hugs his girlfriend from behind, but I can't seem to get happy. My change of mood is soon notices by Harry as he mouths "let's talk outside" to me before leaving the room. The cold air outside hits my bare arms making me shiver, the moon is lighting up the night sky like it always does and I find an odd comfort in it. "It's hard for me to you know, that they're leaving. After she left I didn't want to get attached to anyone because I was afraid they would leave and I guess I was right because the one time I do I am all alone again." There's a change in his voice, in his attitude, he seems so sad like this lost little boy that can't find it's way back home. "But you are not, you'll always have me, I won't leave, I'll be right here by your side...forever and always." Suddenly I feel him wrap his strong arms around me in a bone crushing hug and in this moment I feel his sadness and all his fears making it's way to my heart, but I don't mind I'll carry his burdens just like I carry mine, just for this moment to set him free again. We just stand there, two lonely souls watching the moon, mending our broken pieces together. "Forever and always.."

It's the last day with the four of us all together and I can't help but feel sad as I watch Caroline and Michael goofing around in the halls. "I'm sure they will contact us Aud don't worry about it, just go talk to Caroline I'm sure she will understand it."

Harry's pov

As soon as Audrey leaves my side Michael comes rushing towards me. "I need your advise dude." He nervously runs his hand trough his bright red hair and I don't think I've ever seen him like this. "When I came here three years ago I was this big fuck up you know, but that was before I met Caroline and god...she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen in my entire life. She was the first person to make me feel again, it's not the centre that saved me man, it was her and maybe all these fucking sappy poems are true and love is the answer. So I'm going to ask her to marry me when we're out of here, because I want to be the one to always make her feel like she makes me feel, do you know what I mean ?" And god I really know how he feels, but that's what scares me the most, so I shake my head and let him tell me all about his plans to propose to Caroline.

Audrey's pov

"What if I fuck up again Aud, what if I can't make him happy and all those normal girls out there can and he leaves me, what if I fall back into my old drinking habbits." "Caroline listen to me, if you can't make him happy I don't know who else can you're all he ever sees. I wish that I had this love you guys have." She wipes the smudged mascara from under her eyes. "Believe me aud you have found it, you're just too scared to admit it. But we're all scared from the unknown you as much as I am." Her words fill my mind, leaving me confused as she walks towards the hall. "Are you coming or not ?"

Here I am again, another goodbye to people I could finally call family. It has started to rain outside, the weather representing our moods at this sad farewell, even Jeanne has started crying a little. Harry's arm is wrapped around my waist more comforting now then ever before. I know I have to let them go and as I see them walk through the door together hand in hand I realise how blessed I am to have something that makes saying goodbye this hard.

AN: another chapter has come to it's end. I'm sorry it took so long for us to update bc of exam week, but please comment and tell us what you think of it xx