17

As far as romantic comedies go, Eddy can safely say that he secured a happy ending.

Well, it's still an ongoing kind of thing, but you can bet your damn arse he's gonna do everything in his power to make it a happy one. Considering that it took months of heavy pining, blind misunderstandings and unsolicited love advice from third party groups to have both of them realize their feelings for one another, Eddy is not going to waste any more time lamenting and spend much more time living in the now. Together, with Brett.

"I literally asked you to kiss me, Brett. I gave you seductive eyes and everything. How did you not realize?"

"Seductive?? Dude, you said you were sick, first of all. I thought you were just messing around."

They're on Brett's sofa with Eddy lying on Brett's lap, some animated film playing in the background that neither of them are really paying attention to. Eddy's too distracted playing with Brett's hands, tracing and pressing along his calluses, the proud markings of a violinist, with the pad of his fingers. Brett let's Eddy do so while he idly cards his other hand through Eddy's hair. It's nice.

"That was me flirting. I was flirting with you, Bretty." Eddy blinks innocently up at him. "It's not my fault you were too oblivious to notice."

"Me? Oblivious? I literally asked you to sleep in the same bed as me, bro. I flirted with you the whole time we were in Taiwan. No, maybe even way before that."

"Wow...Wow, we're so fucking dumb."

God, they've been so utterly stupid. If Eddy was watching their love story play out on a TV screen, he'd be yelling himself hoarse at their obliviousness.

Brett's laughing as he shakes his head, tone entirely fond. "The absolute dumbest."

Isn't that the truth. Eddy's smiling as he takes Brett's hand and gently cups it against his cheek, warm and purposefully intimate. There's no pretense this time, no need to pretend that it meant anything else. Eddy turns to press his lips tenderly into Brett's palm and basks in the way Brett looks at him, gaze heavy with adoration that belongs only to him.

Obnoxiously, Eddy flutters his lashes, just to be a little shit. "Mhm...is this seductive enough for you, my beau soir?"

Brett doesn't answer, instead he caresses his thumb over Eddy's lips, watching them slowly part. There's a still moment of anticipation; the sound of both their heartbeats drumming in the air, a rhythm that only they can hear.

Brett smiles and pinches Eddy's cheeks. Hard.

"AckKK! Brett!!" Eddy whines, slapping Brett's forearms in an effort to release his poor cheeks. "You mood killer!"

Brett's laughing again and Eddy wants to retaliate, but Brett's already leaning down to kiss away all of Eddy's protests and complaints and dammit, Eddy can't really find it in himself to mind.

He's too happy to care.