Epilogue

Nothing life changing really happens the next few weeks, as Brett had privately worried over in his mind. Eddy's demeanor is pretty much the same when they're together, aside from maybe being a little bit more handsy in public, but that's hardly anything new. The only difference is the obnoxious flirty pick-up lines they spout to one another while obligatorily messing with their friends, coupled with subsequent hand-holding and sweet kisses behind closed doors. There's something different then, in those private moments alone together, where Brett looks into Eddy's eyes and knows the special bond they share is precious and unbreakable.

"Hey, whatcha thinking about?" Eddy's curious voice interrupts Brett's thoughts.

"Food," Brett answers, pushing away the hand waving in front of his face. He gives a subtle once-over at Eddy who's lying propped over on his side and pokes at his stomach. "Let's go get ramen."

Eddy perks up at that, promptly abandoning what's left of his attention to the emails on his laptop in favour of appeasing his hunger. "Oh hell yeah! It's a date."

"Yeah," Brett muses. "Date, huh...how is this any different from what we usually do?"

"Hmm...you're right." Eddy hums thoughtfully. "Guess we've been on tons of dates already, haven't we?" He taps at Brett's hand and when Brett turns it over, Eddy cheerfully entwines their fingers.

"Alright Romeo, just don't be expecting romantic candle-light dinners from me anytime soon."

Eddy snorts and playfully jabs at Brett's leg. "Whatever is cool man, as long as I'm with you." Eddy squeezes their hands together and Brett can feel the warmth spread from it. "It doesn't matter if it's just hanging out or if we're travelling the world. I want to keep playing and listening to the violin with you. I'll keep on doing stupid awesome shit with you, even when we're old and ugly and wrinkly."

Okay yeah, how can he blurt out cheesy lines like that without feeling overtly embarrassed? Brett can't even muster up an intelligent response because his heart flips a little at that. Eddy's smiling at him again, bright and full like the afternoon sun, and yeah Brett's heart is definitely flipping like flapjacks. He's smitten.

Brett stares at Eddy's face, trying to collect all rationale for coming to this haphazardly strewn conclusion, but none of it really makes any coherent sense and, well, the idea of rationalizing feelings is kind of pointless in the first place. It's through the times they spent together, the laughter, the hardships, the earnest passion and companionship. All of it comes together to make a dazzling double concerto; of interesting phrasing and crisp intonation, of shared jokes that leave funny accents and adoring gazes that sweetens the melody. It's unique and imperfectly perfect and just so them. Brett wants to listen to this piece play out for the rest of his life.

Eddy's now starting to squirm under his gaze and it makes it difficult for Brett to suppress his laugh. I love him a lot, Brett thinks, and leaves it at that. Affectionately, Brett leans in to kiss the tip of his best friend's nose and watches bemusedly as the other flails about in excitement. Not much later, he ends up getting tackled in bed and is bombarded with smooches all over his face and, despite all efforts, Brett ends up laughing into their kisses anyway.

*

"So like what, we're boyfriends now?"

"I guess so? I'm your boyfriend. And you're um, mine? You are, right?"

"Yeah I'm yours, Eddy. Wow this is so homo."

"No shit." A pause. "That's...not going to be a problem, is it?"

"Nah, I'm so gay for you bro."

"Bro..."

"Bro..."

"We should get back to practicing."

"Right. P-R-A-C-T-I-C-E! You should always be practicing!"

"Pfft, that's right! 40 hours a day! Get at it!!"

*

*

*

*

*

____________________________________

author's note: aaaand that brings us to the conclusion. thanks so much for reading up to this point!! I really hope you enjoyed it as much as I had writing it (o'▽'o) ♡ like, seriously...I never written a fic this long before so imagine my surprise when I got to the end of the word document so quick. Legit me @ surprise pikachu face meme. can you blame me though? breddy is so cute...gah!!

thanks again for all the love; 💕