Bundle of Joy (Malum)

(A/N: this is unedited and I wrote this at the request of a friend while not completely sober and all in one sitting I only finished it four minutes ago and it's past 1am who knows what the quality will be like lmfao also it's mpreg)[add, two days after the fact: it's now edited]

There was a very short time frame between the announcement and subsequent release of Who Do You Love and the announcement of 5 Seconds of Summer being the opening act for the North American leg of the World War Joy tour. In those days when the four Australian's were at their wits end trying to figure out how the hell they were signed up for this tour, and how to get out of it, Calum found out he was pregnant. The bassist was pregnant with the baby of the lead guitarist.

Calum and Michael had the classic story of childhood friends to eventual teen love story to a forever romance. They had never known anyone else like they knew each other. After protectively dancing around each other for goodness knows how long, getting drunk in a foreign country whilst underage on the Take Me Home Tour had been the clincher. They kissed, confessed their love, and had been lovesick puppies for the six years since.

Sure they had their share of fights, everyone did, but they were still painfully in love to those around them. Everyone wanted a love like theirs. Which meant that when Calum got pregnant, even if it wasn't intentional, no one was surprised or even vaguely disappointed. If anyone could have a child whilst being unprecedentedly successful rockstars and only 23 years old, it would be them.

Calum was already six weeks pregnant when he found out, which meant that now, in October, he was ready to burst at the seams.

"I cannot walk." Calum says flatly from his place on their couch.
"Do you want me to bring you something? Take you somewhere?" Michael asks sweetly.
"No," Calum huffs, "I just hate that I cannot walk."
"I know darling, not too much longer and then we'll have a gorgeous product to show for all you've been through though." Michael frowns, leaning across to kiss his fiancé -a title only applicable as of last month. Calum never imagined being one to wear a huge rock on the third finger of his left hand but then Michael went and proposed with the most stunning pink diamond ring he had ever seen so that it was impossible to turn down such an offer. Though that's not to say he would say no to marrying Michael with $8 rings from H&M.
"They are not a product." Calum snaps.
"I know, I'm sorry. I should think before I speak." Michael soothes.

"I've been pregnant for so long. When will they arrive?" Calum whines.
"You're only 34 weeks pregant, I hate to think how you'll be next month."
"I don't want a fucking next month!" Calum shrieks.
"I know darling, it'll be worth it. Besides, your mother won't be here for another two weeks. Don't you think it'll be nice if they came when she was here?" Michael tries to keep the mood positive, but it doesn't go exactly as he had hoped.
"She of all people should understand how much I hate this." Calum grumbles.

"How about, tonight I'll take you out? We'll go for a really nice dinner, relax. Talk about anything that's not baby related." Michael suggests.
"Hard to forget about the extra 20 kilos on me, but I'll try just for you." Calum mutters, gesturing for Michael to help him off the couch.
"It'll all be okay. Now let's go get ready." Michael replies as he let's Calum stable himself on his arm on their way to the bedroom.

After Calum is done throwing a tantrum about how nothing in his wardrobe that looks nice fits him anymore and Michael calmly gets him through that, they're out the door. Calum was wearing a pair of customised maternity jeans that he mostly hated and a loose button up shirt, also specifically maternity wear, that he continually insisted looked like a tent. It wasn't an outfit he was happy with but it was more put together than the trackies he wears every other day at this point. The baby bump was cute until he couldn't play his bass without straining his arms or walk without resembling a penguin.