Special: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEON!

Happy Birthday Leon! OR Happy...Birthday?

~

Mikhail Vershinin:

It's Leon's birthday next week.

Received 03/10/19

It's Leon's birthday on Thursday.

Received 07/10/19

It's Leon's birthday tmr!!!!

Received 10:35AM

Me:

So?

Sent 12:05PM

Mikhail Vershinin:

Are you seriously gonna say that?

Received 12:14PM

Me:

No... I do not know what's the appropriate response to your statement. What would you have me do?

Sent 01:24PM

Mikhail Vershinin:

Oh never mind. I'm sure Leon can celebrate by himself.

Received 01:25PM

Me:

I will prepare a cake...

Sent 02:20PM

By the way...why can't you do the planning?

Sent 02:23PM

Mikhail Vershinin:

Thanks Dom you're the best! :D

Received 02:25PM

~

Dom pocketed his phone with a sigh, and tucked his folder under one arm, deep in thought. There was a bakery on the way home. Their tarts were impeccable, their cakes were classy. He could order something from them. Then he gave his watch a glance. If he finished up in fifteen minutes, he could leave in time to beat the traffic jam. That's it, he thought, then began marching down the corridor to his little office that he shared with another of Leon's deputies. I'll rush this and leave. That is...unless nothing unexpected crops up...

~

'Surprise!'

He jumped in his seat, and his eyes widened as the door burst open without warning. Leon faltered between standing up and sitting down again, then finally decided to stand and moved slowly to the door as if in a daze. Receiving his sister while seated wasn't the best example of the etiquette he had learnt.

'Aren't you surprised?' Vera questioned with one sharp brow raised.

Beside her, Mosay had his mouth pursed, his grey blue eyes shifting warningly between her and Leon, even as he allowed little Alexei to clamber down from his arms.

'I am surprised,' he hurriedly put in. It was the truth, though he was still shell-shocked at the sudden appearance of his siblings. There hadn't been word from anyone, not even Mickey who usually had his eyes and ears tuned to the movements of the people important to him. Then again, they would have planned it between themselves. 'You didn't tell me you were coming,' he said as she drew him into a quick hug, made awkward by her bulging belly.