Special: HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANA!

Mickey:

I'm going to buy a cake

Received 3:43 PM

Me:

Get one for me too.

Sent 3:45 PM

Mickey:

I mean I'm getting a cake for Hana

Received 3:47 PM

Me:

What? Why?

Sent 3:50PM

Mickey:

Cos it's gonna be her birthday? Birthday's have cake?

Received 3:51 PM

Me:

Why are you getting the cake?

Sent 3:54 PM

Mickey:

Cos there's gonna be a party? Birthday's have parties

Received 3:56 PM

~

Leon stared apprehensively at the message, his brow tugged into a severe frown. A party? Now what was it? He had no idea what Mickey was trying to plan, but he wasn't going to let it upset his own plans.

~

Me:

And when is this party?

Sent 3:57 PM

~

'Alright, what is it?' Dom declared huffily the moment he stepped into Leon's office and shut the door behind himself. There was an emergency, according to Mickey's text message all in capitalised letters. But the only emergency he could spot right now was of Mickey bothering the boss.

Mickey, with his bottom hovering above a chair, had planted his elbows on the desk and was leaning so far forward that if he and Leon looked up at the same time, their heads would collide. Dom secretly wanted to see that happen, but Mickey had turned about to give him a wave while Leon remained oblivious to his entrance.

'It's gonna be Hana's birthday and the boss doesn't know what to get for her,' Mickey proclaimed with an excited grin. At that, Leon looked up, his face all the shades of exhaustion and annoyance. He let out a loud sigh as he lowered the screen of his laptop and leaned back in his seat.

'I said I was thinking,' Leon grumbled, his eyes staring blearily at them. 'And what are you all doing here?'

'Wait for it,' Mickey muttered with anticipation, the side of his mouth tugged into a smug grin. Dom had gone to join him to take the other seat at the desk. He set his various folders down and his planner atop it. He had pushed back the last meeting of the day for this, so it had better be worth his time.

Then the door flew open once more and this time Val tumbled in like a hurricane. His entrance was greeted with identical dropped jaws from Leon and Dom.

'What?' he exclaimed breathlessly as he fell into the room, one hand clutching his side. Mickey vacated his chair, allowing Val to drop into it.

'Hana's birthday. Emergency. Now,' Mickey stated to the new arrival whose face contorted into one of confusion.